Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Excuse me a minute but what the feck has length of contract got to do with Redknapp signing the above players. He signed them and most of them did very well. If **** Lambert had signed those players he'd have been hailed as the second coming on here.

Well you said they were brought cheaply so I just explained the mitigating circumstances ..plus using Pienaar as an example is redundant seeing as he rarely played under him went back to Everton and has been class for them.So if anything thats a black mark against him.

If Lambert signed a 40 year old keeper on a 2 year deal on high wages he most certainly wouldn't be looked at as the second coming.Also did he sign them players all in the same window ? No so your judging Lambert on one window against Redknapp on numerous windows.Your lauding Walker as a good buy yet how many years did he take to get in the first team ?How do you know in 3 years Bennet and Lowton won't be as highly regarded ?

Redknapp could come to us do an ok job but there's a reason Spurs got rid ,why he got Soton relegated and why Pompey they are still in the shit paying for players like Kanu he signed.

• Like 2

No as much as I don't rate Lambert, something like that won't help and would quite obviously affect the young players in particular but the pressure will nonetheless grow and it will be shown on the terraces.

I sincerely hope we get the required result against Reading because if we don't then it really will feed the 'boo boys.'

Oh the impatient panic merchant brigade...

We can still beat Arsenal, you panicking ninnies.

Woeful in defence, and don't have the kahunas to come back like United did.

Did you miss the last round of the League Cup Reading v Arsenal? ;)

I got slated on here when I said that villa definitley wouldn't appoint Lambert. I will be kind and say that Faulkner was less than enthuastic about his appointment. I wouldn't rule out a departure if the slump continues. If you think Lambert is nailed on to stay come what may, you may be surprised. Make no mistake results have to pick up pretty quickly.

Worse than it already is now?

Absolutely yes.

Maybe not immediate league position, but the reputation and long term future of the club would be less safe.

And I'd be on the verge of insanity

I got slated on here when I said that villa definitley wouldn't appoint Lambert. I will be kind and say that Faulkner was less than enthuastic about his appointment. I wouldn't rule out a departure if the slump continues. If you think Lambert is nailed on to stay come what may, you may be surprised. Make no mistake results have to pick up pretty quickly.

I don't know who we would turn to if we sacked another manager mid season. That would be counter productive IMO.

The board need to double down and back this manager properly. That is the only way out of this mess.

Not giving PL time to properly turn this club around could be the worst mistake the club has made since ellis came back in the early 80s.

not that long ago we looked good at 2-0 up against united, had the chances to get a point from them even with their jammy goals :) benteke nearly had us 1 up away from home at city. if we play at the level of the best footy we've played this season so far for 90 mins a game we can beat most teams in this league.

PL's only had 12 games so far and took us over in a shit state. He has said it's a long term project, 12 games is very short term.

Not giving PL time to properly turn this club around could be the worst mistake the club has made since ellis came back in the early 80s.

not that long ago we looked good at 2-0 up against united, had the chances to get a point from them even with their jammy goals :) benteke nearly had us 1 up away from home at city. if we play at the level of the best footy we've played this season so far for 90 mins a game we can beat most teams in this league.

PL's only had 12 games so far and took us over in a shit state. He has said it's a long term project, 12 games is very short term.

Well said!

Who did Faulkner want and why was he overruled?

Well you said they were brought cheaply so I just explained the mitigating circumstances ..plus using Pienaar as an example is redundant seeing as he rarely played under him went back to Everton and has been class for them.So if anything thats a black mark against him.

If Lambert signed a 40 year old keeper on a 2 year deal on high wages he most certainly wouldn't be looked at as the second coming.Also did he sign them players all in the same window ? No so your judging Lambert on one window against Redknapp on numerous windows.Your lauding Walker as a good buy yet how many years did he take to get in the first team ?How do you know in 3 years Bennet and Lowton won't be as highly regarded ?

Redknapp could come to us do an ok job but there's a reason Spurs got rid ,why he got Soton relegated and why Pompey they are still in the shit paying for players like Kanu he signed.

You cannot blame Redknapp for Pienaar being injured most of the time while he was at Spuds!

He actually signed a 40 year old keeper on a free who has been excellent for them and the very keeper we got rid of being replaced by Given on how long a contract?

Yes i'm judging Lambert on one window because his signings have seen us drop into the relegation zone something which Mcleish couldn't achieve.

When Walker was sent to us on loan he had an immediate impact and you'll excuse me if i don't take your comparison with Bennet in particular too seriously.

No one knows after re-building the first team at Spuds and qualifying for the Champions League why he was let go. The situation at Portsmouth can not be blamed on Redknapp as he was given the money to spend and i seem to remember he did manage to win the F.A Cup with Portsmouth in 2008.

I simply don't know what was happing at board level at Southampton?

You cannot blame Redknapp for Pienaar being injured most of the time while he was at Spuds!

He actually signed a 40 year old keeper on a free who has been excellent for them and the very keeper we got rid of being replaced by Given on how long a contract?

Yes i'm judging Lambert on one window because his signings have seen us drop into the relegation zone something which Mcleish couldn't achieve.

When Walker was sent to us on loan he had an immediate impact and you'll excuse me if i don't take your comparison with Bennet in particular too seriously.

No one knows after re-building the first team at Spuds and qualifying for the Champions League why he was let go. The situation at Portsmouth can not be blamed on Redknapp as he was given the money to spend and i seem to remember he did manage to win the F.A Cup with Portsmouth in 2008.

I simply don't know what was happing at board level at Southampton?

You really are the most negative poster on here - I'd hate to live in your world

Are you really suggesting Redknapp as a Villa manager!!!!!!!!!!

The problem isn't Lamberts signings, who haven't exactly performed wonders, its the players he inherited, take Ireland for example, I have never seen him put in a performance like Hoolahan in his tenure here and one is paid 65k and the other one is paid around a quarter of that, even if we go down we have to stick with Lambert, we have changed the manager far too often, give the man a chance to turn it around.

You really are the most negative poster on here - I'd hate to live in your world

Are you really suggesting Redknapp as a Villa manager!!!!!!!!!!

Yes mate i am negative because we're in the bottom three and yes again i am suggesting Redknapp as manager.

The problem isn't Lamberts signings, who haven't exactly performed wonders, its the players he inherited, take Ireland for example, I have never seen him put in a performance like Hoolahan in his tenure here and one is paid 65k and the other one is paid around a quarter of that, even if we go down we have to stick with Lambert, we have changed the manager far too often, give the man a chance to turn it around.

With all due respect 'SikhinTrinity' Mcleish as bad as he was didn't have us in the bottom three with the players you are referring to.