Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I would rather base my trust in someone who has lifted a club from the bottom half of the Premiership into the Champion's league than someone who has promoted Norwich and then walked out on them. That for me does not deserve instant trust.

Where have i said Redknapp is 'automatically every club's saviour?' That was inferred in your post not mine so please, yet again, stop trying to put words in people's mouths just to try and score some brownie points for yourself. It really is tedious now.

Lambert's performance at Norwich is nothing to scoff at. He deserves trust.

You didn't and I never said you did. All I said was that just because he's got a good track record doesn't mean he should be treated as every club's saviour, which is what a lot of people do.

You're obsessed with this "scoring points" rubbish. Give it a rest.

Lambert's performance at Norwich is nothing to scoff at. He deserves trust.

You didn't and I never said you did. All I said was that just because he's got a good track record doesn't mean he should be treated as every club's saviour, which is what a lot of people do.

You're obsessed with this "scoring points" rubbish. Give it a rest.

If you look back at one of your previous posts you inferred it and again people will stop reacting to your posts when you stop trying to put words in poster's mouths to suit your debate. It's not the first time you have been told about it and it probably won't be the last either.

If you look back at one of your previous posts you inferred it and again people will stop reacting to your posts when you stop trying to put words in poster's mouths to suit your debate. It's not the first time you have been told about it and it probably won't be the last either.

I'm not trying to put words into people's mouths. You moan about that yet at the same time constantly accuse people of putting words into other people's mouths when they don't.

After last weeks performance and result and this weeks performance (sadly not the result) I can see we are making progress and back to back wins probably isn't that far off.

Shame next 2-3 fixtures are tough but if we play like we did today i'm very confident.

Seeing players like Westwood as opposed to Karl Henry and Benteke as opposed to Heskey just puts that faith in him that bit more.

After last weeks performance and result and this weeks performance (sadly not the result) I can see we are making progress and back to back wins probably isn't that far off.

Shame next 2-3 fixtures are tough but if we play like we did today i'm very confident.

Seeing players like Westwood as opposed to Karl Henry and Benteke as opposed to Heskey just puts that faith in him that bit more.

That

• Like 1

Lol! Same old load joke.. Remarkable how this club manages to find so many new ways of completely cocking up a promising (Although sadly all to predictably false) position. It's actually boring now. It was so obvious that the annual F**K it up against Man U from a winning position was going to happen i actually stopped watching at 2-0. "The Mrs said have a look you never know" to which i gave a "suprised at such a ridiculous comment" glance. I genuinely didn't even bother to check the result until now what 8:15 as i am off out to work & wouldn't have been able to see the inevitable until tomorrow otherwise & i simply couldn't be arsed to wait that long.

Groundhog day continues at Villa Park.

Lol! Same old load joke.. Remarkable how this club manages to find so many new ways of completely cocking up a promising (Although sadly all to predictably false) position. It's actually boring now. It was so obvious that the annual F**K it up against Man U from a winning position was going to happen i actually stopped watching at 2-0. "The Mrs said have a look you never know" to which i gave a "suprised at such a ridiculous comment" glance. I genuinely didn't even bother to check the result until now what 8:15 as i am off out to work & wouldn't have been able to see the inevitable until tomorrow otherwise & i simply couldn't be arsed to wait that long.

Groundhog day continues at Villa Park.

How smug and uninteresting this post is. And what a game you missed. Nevermind, up the Villa. Hope to see the progress under Lambert continue.

United have so many better players than us with top level experience. We punched above our weight this evening and the manager/team deserve credit for that. It was inevitable that they would come at us in waves once we began to tire and they found the space.

What on earth was the team/lambert thinking trying to defend a 2 goal lead/a 1 goal lead/ a draw?

We've tried it many times against far worse teams and not managed it.

Great performance along with a frustratingly stupid one!!!

Gotta disagree with you there mate. I actually think we tried to win the game all the way through. Man Utd don't go two down and wait for a third to go in. They are even harder to play against when up against it and this has happened so many times before that I can guarantee that it didn't come as a surprise to nearly everyone watching that game to see them come back to win it.

Villa just needed to defend the lead better but we made a couple of mistakes and got punished for them.

Overall, I thought we played very well. I was slightly disappointed that Lambert didn't sub Bannan and Westwood earlier as, for me, they faded in the second half and we're getting overrun. However, I thought that the front three were spot on and so we're the UK majority of the defence, Stevens being the exception.

Gotta disagree with you there mate. I actually think we tried to win the game all the way through. Man Utd don't go two down and wait for a third to go in. They are even harder to play against when up against it and this has happened so many times before that I can guarantee that it didn't come as a surprise to nearly everyone watching that game to see them come back to win it.

Villa just needed to defend the lead better but we made a couple of mistakes and got punished for them.

Overall, I thought we played very well. I was slightly disappointed that Lambert didn't sub Bannan and Westwood earlier as, for me, they faded in the second half and we're getting overrun. However, I thought that the front three were spot on and so we're the UK majority of the defence, Stevens being the exception.

I do agree with you on the subs. I think at 2-0 or 2-1 he shud have made them. 2-2 is too late. Just felt like they dropped deeper and deeper and thought we'll set up camp.

Problem is as a villa fan we all c it too often against united.