Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Our midfield is atrocious at the moment. Players and the formation are just not right at all. A midfield four including of KEA, Delph and Ireland is just too lightweight.

I too think the midfield appear lightweight

Spot on.

Those that think selling Bent is a good idea only have to look at the above and see how those worked out.

I see what you're saying (and I don't necessarily think we should sell Bent) but the situation is clearly different, imo. Nobody wanted to sell those players, because they were all contributing regularly to a relatively good Villa side. There are now some who would sell Bent, because he's finding it difficult to have an impact on a side that really needs him to make a difference, and can't afford to carry him if he doesn't.

Redknapp of course but there's history with villa fans and him and I doubt he'd ever join villa.

You could be right CI but the timing would be right for Redknapp to join our club.

We've been poor for two plus seasons now. We desperately need someone to turn us around by someone who can wheel and deal in the transfer market and with our chairman hopefully willing to invest more in the team in January Redknapp might just look at it as the ideal time to join us. What would he lose by joining us and I also happen to believe that he would be able to attract a far better quality player to the club than Lambert ever could. However with Redknapp joining us I do believe Ireland, Bent and Gabby would be sacrificed.

sorry but anyone wanting Rednapp I cannot take seriously. He'd want way to much money, he'd probably bankrupt the club and he'd never come here anyway. I wanted him for the England job but would not want him anywhere near Villa. Lambert.

He wouldn't be allowed to bankrupt the club and I feel he would have already done much better transfer wise with the financial constraints within the club. I also don't agree that he wouldn't come to our club for the reasons I have already pointed out in a previous post.

He wouldn't be allowed to bankrupt the club and I feel he would have already done much better transfer wise with the financial constraints within the club. I also don't agree that he wouldn't come to our club for the reasons I have already pointed out in a previous post.

fair dues mate, but I'm sorry I think you are wasting your time hoping he is the answer, each to their own I guess. Judging from this article in the Mirror a few days ago http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-waiting-for-a-top-job-1385669 it sounds like he's happy to wait for a "top" job, which lets face it the Villa job has not been for a number of years now whether we like it or not.

This times a billion.

There's nothing that would make me want Redknapp at our club.

I'd rather have Joey Barton in charge.

Would this be due to a personal dislike of the man or footballing reasons. I'm not trying to be sarcastic just genuinely interested?

redknapp is an old man now, he woudl have been worth a punt when we hired MON but he's way too old now to offer us anything long term. he would never come to villa and especially not with the current restraints on wages etc.

i've got faith in PL to nto only turn this season around so we aren't worried by relegation but also to be with us for a good few years and build a legacy.

Would this be due to a personal dislike of the man or footballing reasons. I'm not trying to be sarcastic just genuinely interested?

Appreciate the questions not directed at me but I'd say a bit of both, can't stand Rednapp so do have a dislike but also don't think he's the right man for the long term future of this club, Paul Lambert could be.

Simular question to you Morpheus, same way not trying to be sarcastic just interested, do you have a personal dislike of Lambert or is it for footballing reasons you seem to dislike him so much?

fair dues mate, but I'm sorry I think you are wasting your time hoping he is the answer, each to their own I guess. Judging from this article in the Mirror a few days ago http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/harry-redknapp-waiting-for-a-top-job-1385669 it sounds like he's happy to wait for a "top" job, which lets face it the Villa job has not been for a number of years now whether we like it or not.

Not so sure at his age that he'd actually want to relocate to foreign lands but could be wrong on that one and I also can't see a top job in the Premiership becoming available either anytime soon so there might be limited options open to him for the foreseeable future. I just can't see him staying out of the game that long. As he said himself in the article you have quoted, you never know.

Both.

I should clarify what I said.

I should really have put "there's nothing that he could realistically bring to Aston Villa that would make me want Redknapp at our club.

Obviously if I knew that appointing Redknapp would win us the league, I'd probably be able to suck it up and deal with it.

But he wouldn't win the league. He might do slightly better than Lambert is doing now in the short term.

Is that worth having one of the most dispicable men in football at the helm of the club?

Is it ****.

Some things are more important, to me, than a few more league positions.

Not only do I believe that, long term, we'll be more successful with Lambert than we would have been with Redknapp, but Lambert isn't a grade A word removed. Which Redknapp is.

Appreciate the questions not directed at me but I'd say a bit of both, can't stand Rednapp so do have a dislike but also don't think he's the right man for the long term future of this club, Paul Lambert could be.

Simular question to you Morpheus, same way not trying to be sarcastic just interested, do you have a personal dislike of Lambert or is it for footballing reasons you seem to dislike him so much?

Thanks for the question mate and I'd be very happy to answer it.

No personal dislike of the man at all. I was however very much on the fence when he got the job due to worrying that he might turn us into another Norwich. A team full of energy and spirit but lacking in quality. Yes he had budget constraints at Norwich and again at our club but the expectation levels are and should be higher at our club and consequently we should be looking to buy better quality players than he would at Norwich, which leads me to my main point against him at the moment.

After two seasons fighting the threat of relegation we needed this season to buy the type of quality player who would have given us a better chance of stability within the Premiership this season due to the aforementioned point and also due to the increase in revenue from TV at the end of this season. Instead Lambert has purchased lower league players and other players not up to speed with the Premiership. It's taking an awful risk with our Premiership status to ask all those players to hit the ground running in the Premiership. I believe our results to date are a direct consequence of that needless gamble and it very well may get worse.

I am not getting into the Redknapp-debate as it will never happen, but he clearly is a much better and more proven manager than Paul Lambert. However, he is obviously a horrible, arrogant and ego person - so I would not want him anywhere near the club. Will probably end up around QPR if they prolong their misery at the bottom of the table, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

But; would I rather get Redknapp or relegate with Paul Lambert? That one is also easy :) So please, do not relegate us Paul.