Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I'd really hoped we'd adopt the Real Madrid Galacticos "Zidanes y Pavones" philosphy but obviously in a much smaller budget

a philosophy that didnt work?

There are a number of reasons why Real "failed" with the Galacticos, to say it was because of this is if not wrong very simplistic

Guus Hiddink is available at moment since leaving Anzhi... The football would be far better under him, but doubt we will ever go for such a brilliant manager

Lambert is safe for as long as he want's to stay, probably even if we were to get relegated.

Hiddink will end up managing some team at the World Cup this summer

meant be going to Australia to become their National manager again, i know what you saying a long off pipe dream i know.. but he is currently available and could be swayed  :) that would be showing some ambition, but never gonna happen, was just a suggestion.

Edited by Villan4Life

Lambert wasn't sacked in January (which turned out to be the correct decision) so why on Earth should he be sacked now?

Because we don't have enough of the ball. I think that's why anyway :P
  • Like 1

Lambert wasn't sacked in January (which turned out to be the correct decision) so why on Earth should he be sacked now?

How have you arrived at the conclusion that it was the correct decision?  Yes we stayed up, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his credentials.  Southampton sacked their manager and also stayed up, and now they're ahead of us in the table.  I'd say the dismal, turgid, miserable excuse for football we're playing at the moment means that it was entirely the wrong decision, but each to their own.

How have you arrived at the conclusion that it was the correct decision?  Yes we stayed up, but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement of his credentials.  Southampton sacked their manager and also stayed up, and now they're ahead of us in the table.  I'd say the dismal, turgid, miserable excuse for football we're playing at the moment means that it was entirely the wrong decision, but each to their own.

Do you think we should be in the position that Southampton is in with our current finances? Being as you think Lambert should have been sacked, who would you hire as manager?

If you think right now is bad, just wait. I have a bad feeling that December/January will be another bad spell for us

Nope stay positive, I'm expecting 10 points between now and the 2nd Jan.

Okay to stay positive, but I think we're going to pay the price for playing the way we've played the past few months. Tired legs from constant defending. Exhausted ideas because of dumb formations. Players mad at each other because no one can link a few passes together.

I think it'll get better but it will hit rock bottom before we do.

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 1

If you think right now is bad, just wait. I have a bad feeling that December/January will be another bad spell for us

Nope stay positive, I'm expecting 10 points between now and the 2nd Jan.

Okay to stay positive, but I think we're going to pay the price for playing the way we've played the past few months. Tired legs from constant defending. Exhausted ideas because of dumb formations. Players mad at each other because no one can link a few passes together.

I think it'll get better but it will hit rock bottom before we do.

That's what i expect/fear too

Yet we beat them with their brillaint football and are only a few points behind them. They also spent the same as us but on 3 players.

Yet we beat them with their brillaint football and are only a few points behind them. They also spent the same as us but on 3 players.

I'd take quality over quantity any day

I'd take quality over quantity any day

Reality check....we can't.

• Like 1

The goal at that point was to stay in the Premier League and we did. It's mere speculation to say that another manager would've come in and done better and what happened with Southampton doesn't really have any bearing on us.

What's to say that if he had been sacked we wouldn't be playing similar "dismal, turgid, miserable excuse for football" but in the Championship instead?

Honestly, I think this issue over the playing style is being blown way out of proportion. We haven't played like that for the entire time he's been here and there's nothing to suggest that this is how he wants us to play long-term.

• Like 1

I think this issue over the playing style is being blown way out of proportion

Precisely. I could understand if we were on a massive losing streak and rooted to the foot of the table. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN