Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert picked the correct team. We were set up correctly and had our 'star' players not missed easy chances, we'd have been 3-0 and laughing before everton really had a kick.

The only decision that baffled me was taking tonev off. Looked dangerous.

Blaming lambert for today is just wrong, IMO. Before the first goal went in, we matched everton. A team who have spent far, far more money than us.

We lost and the pathetic home record continues. The manager has purchased the players and formulated the tactics which has contributed to that record yet he is continually excused and described as one of the best young managers of our generation.

Quite simply, why?

• Like 1

Our current wage bill can not, in any shape of form be more than 50% of our turnover, if that! To keep using it as an excuse is frankly becoming ridiculous. 

We also have a billionaire owner that could, if he wanted fund us just on the interest he earns every year never mind actually dipping into his own personal kitty.

And lets be frank. He CHOSE to buy our football club, NOBODY does that to make money because its virtually impossible to do so. Owning a football club is a rich mans plaything and it's up to him to sort it out. Because one thing is certain, people wont keep turning up to watch us lose at home week after week. And the patience shown by the faithful for the last year is about to pop you can feel it in the air.

The three stooges, Lerner, Lambert & Faulkner better get together and get their collective shit together pronto.

UTV

Yes this 'we must get the wages down' must run out of steam soon. Were probably averaging 37,000 at home this season - yet we seem to have the financial clout of Wigan. Randy may not be much of a businessman - but he's a great a spin doctor !

Smetrov - no penalty for making a 60+ million loss if NOT in europe its' a UEFA rule. But why would you spend that much if  Europe wasn't your aim? What we will see maybe is some teams qualifying for Europe  but forfeiting their Champions League place until their books back in order....yes Monaco I'm looking at you. 

I think the French Clubs have received silly sponsorship deals though from associates of the owner so you can get around it.

Edited by supernova26

I'm starting to think that an annual relegation battle will get very old very soon for Lambert if he's not backed by the owner to bring in the players we desperately need to even finish in 10th place.

He's proven to be a fairly savvy manager in the transfer market, and his record with Norwich combined with his higher profile gig with Villa will mean that some club will tap him up with the promise of more cash to spend. If Lerner doesn't back the manager in January and next summer, he could very well be off.

Four defeats out of five at home simply isn't good enough, sort it out Lambert!

We have played Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Everton and Newcastle.  Pretty sure at the start of the season nobody would expect us to get much out of them games apart from Newcastle.

If you add in our away games before today we have played 8 teams who are in the top 10 and only 1 from the bottom half of the table. Lets see how we do against Crystal Palace, Sunderland and West Ham and West Brom before we start to panic, our run of games now is pretty good until the new year.

Lambert has IMO overall shown pretty good dealings in the transfer market. Although I think the savings made by getting some of the big earners off our wage bill would have been greater (actually selling the likes of Bent and Ireland for decent sums) if he hadn't taken millions off their value by bombing them out.

And he seems popular with the players.

But he seems to struggle with picking the right starting XI, making the right call on subs, tactics etc.

Which can be the difference between winning and losing.

OK, so so far today I've read a few post suggesting that Weimann (a Forward) should not be dropped because of his defensive qualities, even thou he's clearly out of form.

And even more post defending a loss at home to Everton with the old "they are an elite team and we should not expect any points at home to them" (not in those exact words).

Bafflingly enough none of these post were (as far as i know anyway) written by Alex McLeish

Four defeats out of five at home simply isn't good enough, sort it out Lambert!

We have played Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Everton and Newcastle.  Pretty sure at the start of the season nobody would expect us to get much out of them games apart from Newcastle.

If you add in our away games before today we have played 8 teams who are in the top 10 and only 1 from the bottom half of the table. Lets see how we do against Crystal Palace, Sunderland and West Ham and West Brom before we start to panic, our run of games now is pretty good until the new year.

**** me, we were AT HOME! We aren't Walsall, of course we should expect more from those games at HOME.

Talk about lowering expectations. You should ALWAYS fancy getting something from home games whoever you are playing against. If you'd said those teams AWAY from home fair enough, but come off it

• Like 1

Those blaming it on Lerner are just ignorant towards the situation. Educate yourselves on what he spent and the losses we were making, you might change your mind then. Anyway, I'll put it into very simplistic terms so people understand.

£180 million outstanding repayable to Randy's holding company. (2% interest payable which he waived last financial year)

2010/2012 £53.9m loss

2011/2012 £17.7m loss

2012/2013 - announced early next spring...should be even or back in the green.

So lets ask you now, do you still want Randy to pour money into the club? It's a business for him, not a game. Nobody would buy the club from him whilst we were losing money either.

I think you're the one who needs to educate themselves in what's happened at this football club.

Start with allowing wages to spiral out of control and get yourself up to speed.

Yes he did gamble and it didn't come off. So now you want him to gamble again? Do you really think that's wise given our current predicament? Don't take a job as a debt advisor mate.

You said those blaming it on Lerner are ignorant of that situation. The decisions made by the owner since he bought the club are the reason we are where we are.

You're ignorant of the damage he's done and is doing to this club.

Smetrov - no penalty for making a 60+ million loss if NOT in europe its' a UEFA rule. But why would you spend that much if  Europe wasn't your aim? What we will see maybe is some teams qualifying for Europe  but forfeiting their Champions League place until their books back in order....yes Monaco I'm looking at you. 

I think the French Clubs have received silly sponsorship deals though from associates of the owner so you can get around it.

What I am saying is FFP - isn't preventing Randy making a splash in the transfer market - If he wanted to he could. Lets not forget last January when we were starring relegation in the face - Randy stumped up a whopping £1.5m for Sylla - he has rarley been at villa park over the last 12 months. He just isn't interested - FFP has nothing to do with it. 

Lets not forget last January when we were starring relegation in the face - Randy stumped up a whopping £1.5m for Sylla -

And some will still claim he's always put money in when we need it.

We'll continue to struggle while a billionaire makes sure he's financially ok when he sells this club. And still gets away with it.

Lambert has IMO overall shown pretty good dealings in the transfer market. Although I think the savings made by getting some of the big earners off our wage bill would have been greater (actually selling the likes of Bent and Ireland for decent sums) if he hadn't taken millions off their value by bombing them out.

And he seems popular with the players.

But he seems to struggle with picking the right starting XI, making the right call on subs, tactics etc.

Which can be the difference between winning and losing.

Really ? - I think a lot of players run around @ 100mph - and may get by in a bottom half prem team. But Benteke aside none of them sparkle at prem level.

I think however he shuffled that pack it makes no difference the quality isn't there. Today in brought in Tonev for KEA - but the result was the same....a 0-2 loss.

I think the players he brought last summer are mostly rubbish (cheap rubbish maybe) - and the results are there to see.....Maybe he will drop Weiman for Helenuis next game ....I doubt it will make much difference....

Completely frustrated with PL today.

Luna going off can't be helped, but why disrupt Baker & Vlaar's partnership? Clark should have gone LB instead of moving Baker. Clark is not a CB and I'm fed up with seeing him turned/outmuscled. No surprises that Lukaku bullied him for the first goal.