Paul Lambert

Pilchard

You think we play good football?

We're currently about as exciting to watch, and have about the same points per game as we did under McLeish.

And McLeish didn't manage to stumble across a world class striker.

We're currently about as exciting to watch, and have about the same points per game as we did under McLeish.

Tin hat on Davkaus.

Tin hat on Davkaus.

He's spot on though.  We played like a clueless bunch of cloggers tonight, with no skill, game plan or idea, anywhere in the team.  When Albrighton is comfortably your best player, you know things aren't exactly brilliant.

Who hoofs it to the bigman?

I'll give you Clark on 2 or 3 occasions on Saturday but apart from that, we always try to play it out & given the pressure we were under, I was quite happy to see the ball hoofed out of defence & into the opponents half.

Name me a goal that we've scored as a result of hoofing it to the bigman

This is the 3rd game in a row I haven't bothered watching. Can't think how long it's been since I've done that. There's always something better to do. What's the point when you know your team is never gonna win anything and are happy just being in the league and no more?

Will be interesting to see what Lambert says after the game, because he cannot possibly play the "injury"-card just yet. Sure we were without Benteke and Gabby, but the team cannot be branded as reserves just because we kept a few of our best players out because of niggles. Seems like he hoped Tottenham would field an ever weaker team, but their reserves are better than our first team as it is. It's a pity obviously, the gap between us and the big teams now is bigger than ever.

Tin hat on Davkaus.

He's spot on though.  We played like a clueless bunch of cloggers tonight, with no skill, game plan or idea, anywhere in the team.  When Albrighton is comfortably your best player, you know things aren't exactly brilliant.

Yeah mate he is and i wasn't disagreeing with him. I was just waiting for the excuses.

Who hoofs it to the bigman?

I'll give you Clark on 2 or 3 occasions on Saturday but apart from that, we always try to play it out & given the pressure we were under, I was quite happy to see the ball hoofed out of defence & into the opponents half.

Name me a goal that we've scored as a result of hoofing it to the bigman

The keeper, constantly. We don't play it out from the back, we pass it back to the keeper, who clearings in the woods it up to Benteke.

As for naming a goal we've scored as a result of this tactic, we don't, that's part of the problem. Doesn't stop us giving it back to Guzan to hoof it up a dozen times a game though.

This is the 3rd game in a row I haven't bothered watching. Can't think how long it's been since I've done that. There's always something better to do. What's the point when you know your team is never gonna win anything and are happy just being in the league and no more?

Thank you, exactly. Finishing second is shit, we just float on the surface, we make up the numbers.

Tin hat on Davkaus.

He's spot on though. We played like a clueless bunch of cloggers tonight, with no skill, game plan or idea, anywhere in the team. When Albrighton is comfortably your best player, you know things aren't exactly brilliant.

Yeah mate he is and i wasn't disagreeing with him. I was just waiting for the excuses.

Got to agree too. Football is pure drudgery.