Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Roughhouse spoiling tactics? Can nobody fathom that we beat Arsenal fair and square?

haha right when I read it I knew people on VillaTalk would hate (rightfully) that line if I posted the article

I stopped reading when I saw that, typical reactionary media rubbish cobbled together in a few minutes just because Jose and Lambert had a spat and Jose said he reminded him of himself. That article wouldn't have been written on Monday. It is junk.

to be honest i don't mind if we get the image of being long ball bruisers, precisely because we aren't. if the opposition has that in their minds then that's another way we'll surprise teams this season!

• Like 1

You have to earn respect. You don't win one game and come close to winning another and suddenly have the football press fall in love with you. Tottenham qualified for the CL a few years back but still haven't really "made it" in the same way that the really big boys have. We won't be given credit as a genuinely good side until we've finished in or around the European spots for a couple of seasons. 

We can all feel something great is happening at Villa Park though, even if not many people outside the fans have noticed yet. I imagine this is how it feels to be a hipster.

Edited by Panto_Villan

If we finish where I think we'll finish this season then it's deserving of a movie.

Where is it you think we'll finish?

I don't wanna say because I don't want to deal with the responses I'll get TBH. Needless to say, I think we'll do _very_ well this season. And it's not just because of the last 2 performances. I've seen something special brewing since January.

If we finish where I think we'll finish this season then it's deserving of a movie.

HaHa,

I keep seeing a Dortmund type resurgence in my head. but think if we got anywhere near europe we'd be a head of schedule.

That's the kind of thing I'm thinking, and while the Premier League is a bit different to the Bundesliga, it's proof that it's not just about the money.

• Like 2

7th or 8th is attainable with decent luck regarding injuries and officiating imo.

If everything is going our way?..is Arsenal way out of our reach?

For now...yes.

Yeah but think it was Lambert spending the MON money; we would be CL favourites now?..or maybe not

7th or 8th is attainable with decent luck regarding injuries and officiating imo.

If everything is going our way?..is Arsenal way out of our reach?

For now...yes.

Yeah but think it was Lambert spending the MON money; we would be CL favourites now?..or maybe not

EhAN6JQ.jpg

Dunno man

• Like 1