Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Ye I think cus the fans have little travelling to do our game has more chance of being on than other games would, if you notice that all the games that have been called off at the moment involve long distances to travel for the away team and its fans

It has been snowing heavily since about half 8 now and in some places the snow is quite deep. Just been out and it was above my ankles.

The ground isn't the problem, it's the surrounding areas, especially as a lot of Albion fans park in side streets just off the motorway island. Temperatures being below zero won't help matters either.

The snow isn't the problem per se, it's the sub-zero temperatures coupled with the snow. Really can't see this going ahead, knowing the health and safety culture in this country.

I'd be gutted if this is indeed off though. This is the best time for us to play them and already I've heard some of their fans say: "I hope this game gets called off so we can get our players back and fit" - it would be a nightmare if this doesn't go ahead and simply cause a fixture backlog we could well do without.

Game being off is bad news for us

Literally everything is going against us this season

Why would the game being called off be bad news? We're likely to get absolutely smashed. If there was no snow in the Midlands you'd be going on about how that would've really helped us and how everything is going against us etc.

Just watching the 'Memory match' from a couple of years ago against the Shabbies. A few things sprung to mind (aside from the obvious gulf in class few had back then)...but one of the most notable was just how much more of a threat Gabby was when he was slimmer! He was rapid and would frighten defenders by running at them. Now he has more bulk and can hold the ball up I suppose but always plays sideways and isnt anywhere near as effective as he was.

Forecast says it will stop by tonight giving the people that work on moving the snow ample time (at least 24 hours) to move it, grit and make everything safe. -1 degree and dry is far better than 1 degree and sleet all over the place.

Why would the game being called off be bad news? We're likely to get absolutely smashed. If there was no snow in the Midlands you'd be going on about how that would've really helped us and how everything is going against us etc.

My point was WBA are missing some players - Long Yacob Mulumbu and Gera its a good time to play them

Sods law they'll all be back for the rearranged game

Mantis, I've already explained why this game being off would be bad news. We're a lot MORE likely to get 'smashed' if this game is cancelled and Albion get their best players back to fitness by the time the game is rescheduled.

They are on a terrible run of form at the moment and a fixture backlog is the last thing we need. If we're going to get anything from them, then it'll be tomorrow. Even some of their own fans don't want it to go ahead, and that speaks volumes.

Little travelling? Speak for yourselves! I doubt myself nor my friends from Slough or near Reading or any other Villa fan from outside the West Midlands will be able to make it tomorrow even if the game goes ahead!

Last time we had a game like this which was televised was Nottm Forest. The club tried everything they could to get the game on. The fans wanted it off, we were rather negative going into it.

We ended up losing 3-1.

The last game which wasn't on SKY and called off was the Dingles. We ended up drawing the re-arranged match 1-1.

Completely Off Topic, but bringing the little brother over from Ireland to his first game, Bradford on Tuesday, how likely is that to go ahead, would ye reckon?

Edited by Folski

Completely Off Topic, but bringing the little brother over from Ireland to his first game, Bradford on Tuesday, how likely is that to go ahead, would ye reckon?

BHX is shut at the moment. I think you'll be alright for Bradford as things will have calmed down well before then.
  • Like 1

how many fans actually care about the slippy conditions outside? you just drink a bit less and take a bit of care, we are becomming a nation of fannies

any idea when it will be called off / how long it takes sky to install ESPN? i dont want to phone up in the morning subscribe for the month only for it to be called off