Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

The Benteke/Lukaku battle will be interesting - I wonder how they get on. They pretty much compete for one spot in the Belgian team don't they?

The Benteke/Lukaku battle will be interesting - I wonder how they get on. They pretty much compete for one spot in the Belgian team don't they?

I've never been embarrassed supporting villa, don't give a shit what anyone thinks.

I'm pretty embarrassed by the state of the club at the moment and I'm happy to admit it. Being a Villa fan is nothing to be proud of these days.

I'm pretty embarrassed by the state of the club at the moment and I'm happy to admit it. Being a Villa fan is nothing to be proud of these days.

I didn't say I was proud, I said I wasn't embarrassed. It doesn't have to be one or tuther, I'll watch villa whether they are on match of the day or not I don't care.

interesting lineup. tough to know exactly how we'll line up with those players. in terms of balance this is probably our best bet...

------------------guzan------------------

-------baker-----vlaar-----clark--------

lowton--------------------------bennett

--------westwood----delph------------

agbonlahor--------------------nzogbia

-----------------benteke----------------

but there might also be a bit of value in something like this

---------------guzan-------------------

lowton---vlaar-----baker-------clark

------westwood-----delph-----------

agbonhalor-------------------bennet

--------------nzogbia------------------

--------------benteke-----------------

with gabby and zog switching throughout. also tightens up our left hand side, as you'd assume that's going to be west brom's main focus. bennet can cross a ball and has good feet, but doesn't have the positioning or intelligence to be a full back, so at least dropping clark in behind him would mean we're not quite as porous down that side. and on the other side, gabby will always work hard tracking back when needed, and nzogbia has played as a defensive player before, albeit on the other flank. those 2 switching behind benteke keeps the defence on their toes too, zog likes a shot (at least he used to), while gabby is all about pace and work rate

though im not sure lambert puts that much thought into his selections tbh

I didn't say I was proud, I said I wasn't embarrassed. It doesn't have to be one or tuther, I'll watch villa whether they are on match of the day or not I don't care.

Fair enough, I can't argue with someone who uses the word 'tuther'.

They are best friends. They've known each other since they were 14 and apparently meet up a fair bit to talk about how they are doing in the Premier League and to play Fifa. There was an article on it a few days ago, I can't remember where though.

Here we go then, expecting another lame, clueless performance.

If we lose this, I really can't see how Lambert can stay. I am also beginning to wonder if he's been told he's out if we lose this, hence the lack of any signings this month.