Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Demitri_C

bannan was bound to come in with Westwood, Herd and KEA out

if we fail to win by 2 goals with Ireland, Zog, Gabby and Benteke playing then we deserve to go out

tonight attack is the best for of defence

ill just be curling one out unwillingly every time we concede a corner

Team pretty much what I expected/wanted, though I thought Weimann would perhaps start. Still, it's good to have him & Bent to bring on if we're chasing goals 2nd half.

Likes of Bannan/Ireland/Zog can't ask for better opportunity to win over fans than tonight..At home, with a cup final on offer, against a lower-league team. Perfect time to chip in with a goal or crucial contribution of some kind..

Who's fault is that?

This fixture we have known was coming for a while now, the window was open and the opportunity to get another CM in was there.

Was it Lambert or the board?

Terrible decision either way.

I'm not saying it's anyone's fault. I'm just letting those who think that there were other options and that Bannan somehow got picked over them know that, that isn't the case.

That's pretty much the best team we can currently put out. Weimann perhaps in for Gabby but they both offer different things.

Wonder who will help out on the left hand side. If zog is allowed to roam about it'll leave us pretty exposed there.

Our worst problem is mentally shitting it when we get into a lead. Tonight we wont have that problem. However if we get to 3-0 then we will shit it but at least we wont at 1/2-0 :D

Edited by R.Bear

I do not anticipate a bore 0-0 draw here, it can be everything from 6-0 to 4-3 etc.

We need goals, we have 11 better players and this is the cup. It will not finish 0-0, can be an exciting night! We need a goal within 20 minutes. However, 0-0 at HT will also give them some kind of feeling of accomplishment and that is when we will strike them down.

And let us not forget, this is not a lowly Championship-team, this is a top tier League 2-team which has won the lottery three times already this season, so let's enjoy the show.