U.S. Politics

maqroll

Typical tone policing and hand wringing by "moderates" over Bernie not using his inside voice and saying the word damn, while agreeing with the guy who was arguing in favour of preemptive nuclear strikes. 

Why would Republicans vote for Republican-light when they have the real deal? Might as well let Trump declare a second term at this point.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Typical tone policing and hand wringing by "moderates" over Bernie not using his inside voice and saying the word damn, while agreeing with the guy who was arguing in favour of preemptive nuclear strikes. 

Why would Republicans vote for Republican-light when they have the real deal? Might as well let Trump declare a second term at this point.

If I hear another Democrat call Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren ‘extreme’ I’m going to have to make a loud, angry noise. 

John Delaney makes me want to hurt myself. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

So-called moderates who talk about «good politics» need to wake up and realise bland centrism doesn’t win elections anymore. Running on a platform of «what Obama said» and «Trump is a racist bad’un» is handing it to Trump on a plate. 

The left can’t be apologetic about being on the left. Voters agree with the left on these issues - run with it. Hammer Trump on income inequality, healthcare, education. Stop talking about identity politics - everyone and their grandmother knows a Democrat won’t treat the presidency and disgrace the nation like Trump has, but you need to talk to people about how you’re going to make their lives better and how you’ll fix the stuff they worry about. Trump has f***ed up a lot of things, but you need to talk about how you’ll fix the stuff that was broken way before Trump ran for office. On these issues, voters agree with the left. So f***ing BE the left!

Bingo.

Watching the Guardian's coverage will be fun. They are so anti-Trump that they are treating Sanders and Warren with kid gloves right now (2015/2016 didn't happen), but as things settle down watch them flee to whichever Dem pivots to the center (in words, right of center in actions) - Biden is the chosen one right now.

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Bingo.

Watching the Guardian's coverage will be fun. They are so anti-Trump that they are treating Sanders and Warren with kid gloves right now (2015/2016 didn't happen), but as things settle down watch them flee to whichever Dem pivots to the center (in words, right of center in actions) - Biden is the chosen one right now.

It's make or break for Biden tonight. I can see a few of the candidates gunning for him. He just needs another Kamala Harris moment.

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's make or break for Biden tonight. I can see a few of the candidates gunning for him. He just needs another Kamala Harris moment.

DNC leadership really should have ‘politely suggested’ he bow out after the first round. He was absolutely awful. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Trump will win the next election

Only saving grace for the Democrats then is that he can't run again! 

I wouldn't be surprised if the constitution magically changed by that point so he could.  I'm still hoping he gets killed by a vending machine or something way before then.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Or Kamala could pull a Biden, just to keep it interesting 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It was glorious. But Biden also pulled another Biden. He's done, thank God.

Hmmm... the commentary I've seen this morn has mostly said he did ok (therefore it was a success after round 1) and that Harris made a mess of things. Some focus on Booker for looking slick and Tulsi finally getting a little bump. The DNC will not be happy with this.

Edited by villakram

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

Hmmm... the commentary I've seen this morn has mostly said he did ok (therefore it was a success after round 1) and that Harris made a mess of things. Some focus on Booker for looking slick and Tulsi finally getting a little bump. The DNC will not be happy with this.

Establishment pundits will back Biden until the end. They'll keep propping him up for a few more months. Even goofy Cory Booker made him look silly.

• Like 1

The U.S has plans to build a 2nd port in Darwin (Northern Australia) and spend 200 million in naval expenditure to occupy the region.

Fun fact, we already have a port in Darwin, and it's leased to China for 99 years. Safe to say China's not happy about the U.S developments..

Â