U.S. Politics

maqroll

The way some people talk about Trump you would think he is an evil dictator rather than a fairly elected president. So much for democracy hey.  Your people voted you in but we don’t like you so will tell you to get out. 

Say what you want about the man there are reasons why millions voted for his polices, and as much as people’s would like to believe it’s because they are all uneducated racists. It’s really not the case.

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

I think you should direct the question to those people protesting who would appear to be the people best placed to answer your question.

I take it this means that you don't intend to answer my question?

Sorry what was the question again?

And just because he was elected does not make him free from criticism for his repugnant actions either. All the fact that millions voted for him is just a massive indictment of.the failure of modern politics generally. I could see a rationale for a protest vote even if I thought it was **** stupid. I see no rationale for maintaining that support since he came into office. He's a disgrace. And yes by proxy if you support trump still the only conclusion In will draw is that you're a fascist sympathizer. If that means the US has millions of fascist sympathisers then so be it and frankly the evidence is there with so many of their actions and hostilities towards people who are different. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The way some people talk about Trump you would think he is an evil dictator rather than a fairly elected president. So much for democracy hey.  Your people voted you in but we don’t like you so will tell you to get out. 

Say what you want about the man there are reasons why millions voted for his polices, and as much as people’s would like to believe it’s because they are all uneducated racists. It’s really not the case.

Is it wrong that people want to prevent him from damaging not only the country they live in, but the world at large, just because they are the minority? I mean it's yet to be proven but there are claims he was not a fairly elected president, and if they are found to be correct, then that might go a step further and show his actions to be treasonous.

It's not because Trump has been elected but more to do with the way politics operates in general, that I can see why Socrates took issue with democracy.

No, you're right, his voters would each have their own reason for voting on Trump. As we have seen though, a large portion of those people are not educated on policy or making informed decisions when casting their vote."Space Force" video was a good case in point. Trump speaks with conviction and is unapologetic, this appeals to some people as qualities of a good leader, they would rather have someone who backs themselves in a fight, regardless of moral merit, than someone with noble cause who lacks confidence and conviction when presenting.

"Cause if you go platinum it's got nothing to do with luck, it just means that a million people are stupid as *uck."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Regarding a protest against someone like Modi. I do feel such a protest would have more substance considering the massacre of people he was involved in. As vile as a person Trump may be. I’m not sure he has reached those levels yet. 

I look forward to joining your anti-Modi protest. When and where are you planning?

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

I look forward to joining your anti-Modi protest. When and where are you planning?

Did you enjoy the Trump protest? 

Im not going to the anti-modi protest as do not feel that strongly about it. 

But I do go to an annual protest to create awareness about the 1984 attempted Genoicode of Sikhs by the Indian goverment with those responsible still not being bought to justice.   You are free to join the next one. 

• Like 1

Liam Fox “ the President has his own way of expressing himself “"............. an increasingly common (last line and pathetic) defence as those “ expressions” become more and more untrue, prejudiced, indefensible, indecipherable, contradictory, inflammatory, venal, and plain stupid.

Yet those people protesting are “ an embarrassment “.

Wow. The absolute gall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Here's something that seems worthy of protesting:

And here's the really bad smell that wont go away isn't it. His stance on this, his re-tweeting of that Britain First drivel, his refusal to denounce David Duke and the KKK. In isolation, 'talking ponts' for the media. When you start watching the pattern emerge in front of your eyes though it doesn't paint a pretty picture.

Anyone looking towards 'the internets' for stories about GOOD vs EVIL would do well to remember their history. However bad the other guys are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I remember those protests. What a bunch of self righteous scum. 

Why weren't you protesting about another thing I also don't care about instead? 

Ha, I had that coming didn’t I?  To be fair I did apologise for last nights posts and take it back. 

Alcohol and internet forums are a dangerous combination. 

I think I better scurry on back to on topic. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ha, I had that coming didn’t I?  To be fair I did apologise for last nights posts and take it back. 

Alcohol and internet forums are a dangerous combination. 

I think I better scurry on back to on topic. 

I dunno Vive at least you spark some actual debate in here :)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this even happening though?

Good question.

I would point to his dealings with North Korea and Israel, his plans to enhance U.S nuclear and missile capabilities, the removal of the U.S from U.N plans to overcome global migration issues, his repeal of climate initiatives, all to be examples where his actions have not only been of little benefit, but detrimental to the world.

Then there are the concerns over his dealings with the same Deutsche Bank that was fined 630 million over Russian money laundering, his lender at the bank being the son of former Supreme Court Justice of the United States, Kennedy. As @TheAuthority points out, Kavanaugh was the clerk for Kennedy. Not to mention the 109 million in purchases of Trump property made in cash by Russians, an indicator of money laundering. Suspicious to say the least and only adds fuel to the fire regarding allegations over Trump's collusion with Russia in 2016. Which would be treasonous if found to be accurate.

I'm sure there's more, but I think you get the picture, my opinion is that he is an unethical businessmen and a power hungry individual, the last thing we need is more of the same.

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Good question.

I would point to his dealings with North Korea and Israel, his plans to enhance U.S nuclear and missile capabilities, the removal of the U.S from U.N plans to overcome global migration issues, his repeal of climate initiatives, all to be examples where his actions have not only been of little benefit, but detrimental to the world.

Then there are the concerns over his dealings with the same Deutsche Bank that was fined 630 million over Russian money laundering, his lender at the bank being the son of former Supreme Court Justice of the United States, Kennedy. As @TheAuthority points out, Kavanaugh was the clerk for Kennedy. Not to mention the 109 million in purchases of Trump property made in cash by Russians, an indicator of money laundering. Suspicious to say the least and only adds fuel to the fire regarding allegations over Trump's collusion with Russia in 2016. Which would be treasonous if found to be accurate.

I'm sure there's more, but I think you get the picture, my opinion is that he is an unethical businessmen and a power hungry individual, the last thing we need is more of the same.

All fair points but we must not forget previous US administrations aren’t exactly squeeky clean. Whilst it doesn’t justify Trumps behaviour the alternative of war monger Clinton would have been a bigger threat to world security in my opinion. 

Probably not so many protests though. 

Edit: the fact he may be the lesser of 2 evils is probably one of the biggest reasons he is in power. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

On a completely different topic, what are peoples thoughts of Aaron Russo, in particular his interview with Alex Jones claiming an approach and invitation by a Rockefeller to join the ranks?

I am not a fan of Alex Jones, not in the slightest. Russo on the other hand, I'm not sure about. As the saying goes, "Truth is stranger than fiction", I am open to the idea he was telling the truth.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

All fair points but we must not forget previous US administrations aren’t exactly squeeky clean. Whilst it doesn’t justify Trumps behaviour the alternative of war monger Clinton would have been a bigger threat to world security in my opinion. 

Probably not so many protests though. 

Edit: the fact he may be the lesser of 2 evils is probably one of the biggest reasons he is in power. 

We are in total agreement over previous administrations and Clinton.

• Like 1

Â