U.S. Politics

maqroll

When I was in University, we had a big protest of the kind that just happened at Berkeley to prevent Henry Kissenger from speaking, less naked violence though, but lots of intimidation. Now it's Milo whathisface...

I wonder if dear Henry would find this amusing?

Edited by villakram

14 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

I love honest people that say it how it is, instead of politicians who are full of bull****

No comment on the honesty of his words being about how he'll solve America's problems by slaughtering the families of people they think are terrorists?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No comment on the honesty of his words being about how he'll solve America's problems by slaughtering the families of people they think are terrorists?

Don't look at his words, read what's in his heart as one Kelly Anne Goebbels put it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Like most things, 'ah but the other guy' doesn't really achieve anything. Trump is doing 'bad things', people have taken notice. Obama got more slack, the issues were noticed less, etc etc... But what does pointing to that in the current climate achieve? People weren't bothered about Obama so they aren't allowed to be now? Trump has a completely free pass until he does something grim that is totally original? Cool, people are hypocrites, what's new?

People understand Obama wasn't whiter than white. I'm sure there was discussion of his drone campaign here for instance. But it changes nothing about Trump's actions. He doesn't have an Obama shaped bullet proof best, criticisn is his regardless.

I can't help but think you're missing the point here  in your attempt to throw in the ahh but line

it's the general lack of awareness that is being highlighted  , not a but but but you let him get away with it ...

People only cared about Syria  when they saw the baby boy on the beach .. and they've already forgotten ... Notice how you don't hear about Celebs giving up their spare bedrooms for a Syrian refugee anymore  .. by and large they've forgotten  , so wrapped up in protesting against Trump they probably can't even remember where Syria is  .. in most cases it seems to be more "look at me , I care"  .. Facebook updates wont stop Trump , they won't stop attacks like the ones in Paris , they will most likely make Zuckerberg a few million $'s more though

I've no problem if you finally want to march on Downing street all be it 20 years late to the party , just understand why you are marching first and don't go home when it starts raining and think you've played your part because you posted Trump is a word removed on Facebook

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

He's only just stopped going on about Clinton, he'll get a few years out of blaming Obama. :P 

meh ... you make one post and suddenly it becomes "going on"

but it's a bit rich from a forum that still blames everything on Thatcher  :)

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

meh ... you make one post and suddenly it becomes "going on"

but it's a bit rich from a forum that still blames everything on Thatcher  :)

I was referring to Trump. For once I wasn't having a dig at you. :P

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

Well, well, well, the loony left don't like discussions or debates so they go trash a free speech university and use physical violence to people who do not agree with them!  They will have to remember when you free the demon (violence), its not that easy to chain it up again.  One thing that also must be mentioned is that all the violence and hatred (which is what it is), is coming from the left and one day the right may push back and use guns as well.  This may lead to some serious carnage on the streets of American cities and the people responsible will not be the right as you can only provoke people so much before the bubble bursts!  Obama has left America more divided than ever before and it is he who will be held accountable, not The Donald!  People need to think about what they say and do in the media and on the streets as blood will surely flow at some point.  One other thing the amount of murders by African Americans on each other is baffling and cannot be blamed on the new administration as it has been getting steadily worse over the previous eight years and has to stop for all concerned!  Black music when i was growing up was all about tamla mowtown, reggae, ska and disco, now look at it, gangsta rap, women "singers" making it all about the crotch/ass!  What on earth do the children make of it?  Also Madonna offering blow jobs to anyone who votes Democrat, what a thing to come out with?  As regards MIlo anyone who takes the time to listen to him will hear constructive and informed dialogue, couple with humour and wit and yes he can say things that are strange, but has he ever said "kill Hilary", or wound up conservatives to go out and riot?  I don't think so!  All this political correctness is also baffling as identifying yourself as being a woman and still having a penis (and vice versa), is ridiculous and is about as sensible as me identifying as being a frog!  To think that Berkeley University used to be a beacon of free speech is incredible.  We all hear things we don't like (I hear enough at the VIlla), but get over it and ignore it, or even laugh its only words!

"Its a beautiful thing!"

gameover.gif

• Like 3

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Also Madonna offering blow jobs to anyone who votes Democrat, what a thing to come out with?

tbf she's probably already done that , unless she means twice  ... but that was said at a comedy show and is clearly being taken out of context and not as intended ... you'll have to visit Paola Saulino if you want that sort of gratification :)

"Trump tells it how it is" is just a euphemism for "Trump says offensive things that people wish they could say but rational social conventions mean they can't"

His politifact (Pulitzer prize winning fact checker) profile demonstrates he lies far more than he tells any resemblance of the truth.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Free speech university, what? 

So basically you're looking forward to the right bringing out their guns in violence and then placing all the blame on the left? Modern politics is so toxic I swear.

Did i say that?  mmmmm let me think er no i did not and i would be horrified if that were to happen!  Perhaps that is what the left wants?

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I can't help but think you're missing the point here  in your attempt to throw in the ahh but line

it's the general lack of awareness that is being highlighted  , not a but but but you let him get away with it ...

People only cared about Syria  when they saw the baby boy on the beach .. and they've already forgotten ... Notice how you don't hear about Celebs giving up their spare bedrooms for a Syrian refugee anymore  .. by and large they've forgotten  , so wrapped up in protesting against Trump they probably can't even remember where Syria is  .. in most cases it seems to be more "look at me , I care"  .. Facebook updates wont stop Trump , they won't stop attacks like the ones in Paris , they will most likely make Zuckerberg a few million $'s more though

I've no problem if you finally want to march on Downing street all be it 20 years late to the party , just understand why you are marching first and don't go home when it starts raining and think you've played your part because you posted Trump is a word removed on Facebook

Not a comment directly aimed at your own, otherwise I would have quoted you (but you can consider it aimed at your general long established contraryism) :)

To pick up your point though... Are people not allowed to 'join the party' unless they're aware of all the ins and outs? Or if they're not absolutely solely dedicated to the cause to the exclusion of everything else?

In all honesty this just reads like sneering supremacy at people with good intentions.

3 hours ago, ermie123 said:

One other thing the amount of murders by African Americans on each other is baffling and cannot be blamed on the new administration as it has been getting steadily worse over the previous eight years and has to stop for all concerned!  Black music when i was growing up was all about tamla mowtown, reggae, ska and disco, now look at it, gangsta rap, women "singers" making it all about the crotch/ass!  

There just isn't a face-palm large enough.

I can see why there is next to nobody on this forum attempting to see things from the other side.  It must be like that for a conservative in amongst all those lefties.  No rational arguments or debate just your wrong and that's it.  I wont get into the Berkeley University argument as its pointless debating anything on here.  So goodbye folks i won't be troubling anyone anymore.  Here's to three points on Saturday anyway (hope).

Up the Villa

2 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

I can see why there is next to nobody on this forum attempting to see things from the other side.  It must be like that for a conservative in amongst all those lefties.  No rational arguments or debate just your wrong and that's it.  I wont get into the Berkeley University argument as its pointless debating anything on here.  So goodbye folks i won't be troubling anyone anymore.  Here's to three points on Saturday anyway (hope).

Up the Villa

I see where your exactly coming from. Not many on this forum do or atleast not many will openly admit they do but the tide is certainly turning. Most people I know share very similar views to me and you. Things are changing and eventually it will be for the better I hope. 

• Like 2

Â