U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1485967853187.jpg

he was writing that about a tax dispute , it's actually a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security

and who said Americans don't get irony

2 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Lies (apparently) about the guy's mother who died. 

Who'd have thunk it

it will get written off as well it could have been true (or something ) and it doesn't make him any less evil 

12 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Lies (apparently) about the guy's mother who died. 

Yeah I'm pissed off about it. There's enough shit to sling at Trump regarding this ban to resort to making stuff up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Step right up Michael Flynn. "Iran is officially on notice."

Who's ready for some more war?

Well from a British perspective it's been at least a hundred years in the making this one (Balfour Declaration/McMahon Agreement). I wonder how many people that have dismissed the idea that apart from the opium, Afghanistan was about having a base of operations for the encircling of Iran will now see my POV wasn't a conspiracy theory and I'm not 'one of them'? There are so many things wrapped up in this much like everything in the Middle East. But Israel is at the centre of it all. There is a school of thinking that the Americans are trying to keep the Israelis on a lead (leash to you brothers and sisters!) as they are pushing for open warfare. I suppose there may be a faint hope to the eternal optimist that this is posturing and sounding tough to appease the Rothschilds, err sorry Israelis. But all of the US, UK and Israel have been complicit in the stuxnet fiasco, which for all their posturing behind international treaties (The hypocrisy of the US administration is astounding considering their stance on opting out of the ones they don't like) is basically an act of war against a nation state. At least I suppose from their POV the Putin/Ukraine and Crimea situation proves that doesn't really mean anything anymore. But like everything else the Trump administration is doing at least it was actually all in his manifesto.

We were sending tanks through the chunnel the other week, just for a 'logistics check' as the US plan to withdraw from NATO positions. Anyone else been wondering why and where these tanks/troops are all headed? They rarely go home to sit in a hangar. All the posturing about NATO states having to start thinking about their own defence and 'responsibilities' more not just a handily timed tool for use in economic negotiations then? Hmmm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Well from a British perspective it's been at least a hundred years in the making this one (Balfour Declaration/McMahon Agreement). I wonder how many people that have dismissed the idea that apart from the opium, Afghanistan was about having a base of operations for the encircling of Iran will now see my POV wasn't a conspiracy theory and I'm not 'one of them'? There are so many things wrapped up in this much like everything in the Middle East. But Israel is at the centre of it all. There is a school of thinking that the Americans are trying to keep the Israelis on a lead (leash to you brothers and sisters!) as they are pushing for open warfare. I suppose there may be a faint hope to the eternal optimist that this is posturing and sounding tough to appease the Rothschilds, err sorry Israelis. But all of the US, UK and Israel have been complicit in the stuxnet fiasco, which for all their posturing behind international treaties (The hypocrisy of the US administration is astounding considering their stance on opting out of the ones they don't like) is basically an act of war against a nation state. At least I suppose from their POV the Putin/Ukraine and Crimea situation proves that doesn't really mean anything anymore. But like everything else the Trump administration is doing at least it was actually all in his manifesto.

We were sending tanks through the chunnel the other week, just for a 'logistics check' as the US plan to withdraw from NATO positions. Anyone else been wondering why and where these tanks/troops are all headed? They rarely go home to sit in a hangar. All the posturing about NATO states having to start thinking about their own defence and 'responsibilities' more not just a handily timed tool for use in economic negotiations then? Hmmm. 

Aren't you a cynic :D

It is difficult to think this is anything less than the beginning of a very dark time. The world is clamoring for another cataclysm to put things back in order.

• Like 1

Sounds like the phone conversation to Australia went well!

Scheduled for an hour, Trump apparently went all Trumpy declared his dad to be bigger than Malcolm Turnbull's dad and cut it 30 minutes short. 

...during  a tense phone call, it has emerged, as the Australian Prime Minister was forced to deny that the US president slammed the phone down on him.

During a phone conversation on Saturday, Mr Trump reportedly told his Australian counterpart that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day and that “This was the worst call by far.”

rag

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sounds like the phone conversation to Australia went well!

Scheduled for an hour, Trump apparently went all Trumpy declared his dad to be bigger than Malcolm Turnbull's dad and cut it 30 minutes short. 

rag

Wow, so if the story is to be believed this is over the prison camps or 'offshore processing centres' on Manus Island and Nauru. One of the companies involved in running those camps is G4S of which the husband of our glorious leader is a major shareholder. Human Rights violations caused by the immigration policy of Australia. Obama and Kerry had agreed to take all the residents to the US i believe. Trump was never going to honour that agreement though. Nothing short of arbitrary detention and release only without the release bit. People getting upset over the holding of that 5yr old kid for hours in that airport, spare a thought for the kids growing up in these camps. The reality that this and the EU immigration crisis are the result of the wars fought by western powers around the world is just something most people don't want to have to confront unfortunately. People will give to the salvation army in good faith, but most people don't want to listen to the kids they've sent out there to work in the camps coming back with terrible stories of oppression. And the reports of the Salvation Army allegedly colluding with G4S to meet targets are frightening. Seems like it's Turnbull's problem again.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

This muppet's like a teenage girl, putting all his problems on Twitter...

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Protesters-storm-Milo-Yiannopoulos-event-at-UC-10901829.php

A protest at UC Berkeley over a scheduled appearance by right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos turned fiery and violent Wednesday night, prompting police to cancel the event and hustle the Breitbart News editor off campus.

But even after the event’s cancellation, hundreds of protesters spilled off campus into the city streets, where the violence continued as they confronted drivers, engaged in fights, smashed storefront windows and set fires.

Protesters decried President Trump’s policies as much as they did the visit by Yiannopoulos, a gay conservative who has been making the rounds at college campuses across the country with his “Dangerous Faggot” talks, specializing in remarks meant to insult, offend and disgust liberals who disagree with his ideas.

The trouble began around 6 p.m., two hours before Yiannopoulos was to begin his speech inside the student union building on Sproul Plaza. Protesters outside the building began throwing fireworks and pulling down the metal barricades police set up to keep protesters from rushing inside. Windows were smashed and fires were set outside the building as masked protesters stormed it. Police quickly evacuated Yiannopoulos for his own safety.

Berkeley police said five people were injured and some people, including a man who said he had hoped to see Yiannopoulos speak, were seen with their faces bloodied. There were no arrests.

so not trying to cause a riot at all then insisting by threat of withdrawing Federal funding to one of the most liberal universities in the US that they allow this Breitbart muppet to have a rant. I'm not sure freedom of speech was intended to be used to force financial institutions into booking your friends to talk!! Subversion of the Rule of Law again.

Still, they do own some prime real estate in the Bay area though......

Edited by VILLAMARV

After initially lying, and being called out for it, CENTCOM have now admitted that there were "may have been civilian casualties", which seems like a nice, wrapped-in-cotton-wool way of saying that US soldiers murdered children.

Some of the women were armed, though there doesn't seem to be any statement on how much of a fight the 8 year old girl put up.

Edited by Davkaus

not really followed this Yemen attack thing , but having a read now and it says "trump approved the raid" ..have they leaked the intelligence he was given about the risk to civilians in this particular raid ?  the Guardian  article I'm reading states

The special forces, apparently lacking full intelligence, were confronted by heavily-fortified positions, including landmines, and faced heavy gunfire from buildings all around during the 50-minute firefight

if the troops on the ground didn't have full intelligence , could it be that Trump didn't either ?

without turning this into "Ahh But" Obama  with his Drone strikes killed 380 to 801  civilians (depends who you quote) ... I'm sure there was some condemnation of these actions , but I don't recall the same level of overdrive as it is now .... I get that Trump is a knob , but America has been the same war mongering nation it is today for many a year now , seems strange that  suddenly Facebook users have an interest in US Policy ...

OT , but the same article also says

didn't the same thing happen with the Bin Laden raid .. time May got on the phone and sold them some decent hardware

and then two MV-22 Osprey vertical takeoff and landing aircraft to extract them.

One of the two suffered engine failure,

Edited by tonyh29

Â