Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Gonna optimistically go for a 2-2 draw. Would be great to have Vlaar back and Bennett or Stevens in for Lichaj who I could see maybe getting the runaround in this game. As a few previous posters said scoring first is imperative. I'll be keeping the missus awake shouting at the laptop in the dead of the South Korean night anyway come Sunday! UTV

I think Chelsea will have just a little too much for us this weekend. They might be a bit tired, but they still have more class than us, and we can't expect crap finishing against us like ratface last weekend.

Also, a bit off topic, but Bale and Defoe are on 4 yellows. Hopefully they will pick up another one this weekend so they will be suspended against us.

After the games that Chelski have had to play I would have put us down for a certain win but now I hear that Dipstick Dowd is the ref so I will go for a draw instead.We will be the better team and we will deserve to be the winners but Dowd will **** all that up.The only thing we have in our favour is that PL will not let the team rest on our last 2 results, he will ask for and expect us to carry on where we left off at Liverpool.Its only Dowd that will stuff up the whole game.

I wonder if we can get Faleni to head butt Dowd in the tunnel when the 4th official is'nt looking ? its not like Felini will be busy playing or anything.

Hoping Chelsea will find us a lot harder to break down than Leeds were and still hopeful we can come away with a result- would be happy with a point but still think we could nick it.

Obanken, good spot on the yellows for Bale and Defoe too, when you wrote, I thought 'I hope they are playing Stoke' and sure enough, they are. Should be quite the battle.

With Lawro writing shit like this:

"Aston Villa fans know their team doesn't have much quality but, if they give absolutely everything, then they are happy with that."

I really hope we can win again. Can't believe he can say that after we thumped his beloved last time out. Shove it down his throat, Villa. Please please.

To be honest we don't have much quality. Aside from Benteke who do we have that would command a starting spot in any top 6/8 teams?

Are you serious?

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood, Bent.

And trust me, the big boys will be watching Clark, Baker, Bannan and Weimann.

• Like 1

With Lawro writing shit like this:

"Aston Villa fans know their team doesn't have much quality but, if they give absolutely everything, then they are happy with that."

I really hope we can win again. Can't believe he can say that after we thumped his beloved last time out. Shove it down his throat, Villa. Please please.

thats the reason he is saying it

I think Chelsea will be more concerned about this one than us. Benitez needs to keep his side in the mix, but will be only too aware this is a different looking Villa.

Draw would be acceptable, but considering how we slam-dunked the redscouse nobody should bet against us.

Like as been mentioned though, Phil Dowd could wreck all our plans for a good Christmas.

Are you serious?

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood, Bent.

And trust me, the big boys will be watching Clark, Baker, Bannan and Weimann.

Guzan would not take the place of Lloris, Howard, Reina, etc.

Lowton in the future could be good enough for that level of team

Vlaar is still unproven at PL level although I think he will prove to be a very astute signing

Westwood in the future yes, but can't see him walking into teams like Spurs, Everton etc right now

Bent flopped when at Spurs couldn't hold down a regular place, majority of teams up there would use him as a sub

I do rate the players you've mentioned, but for reasons mentioned above they wouldn't start for most top 6/top 8 teams. They are either players very much for the future, or need to prove themselves in this league over a longer period of time.

I have had a deep think about it and I have come to the conclusion that PL will not let the lads take a backward step,so we will be playing out of our skin.On top of that we usually do allright against Chelski, and the Chelski players have to be tired so no matter what Raffa does they are tired.

So I am picking us to win 0-1