Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

This will naturally be tough - the class of Hazard, Oscar, Ramires etc may just be too much - and if Liverpool is anything to go by they will expect us to sit back and soak up pressure and try get them on the counter.

We're not expected to get anything here so anything other than a loss would have to be seen as huge.

What I love under Lambert now is that I honestly don't go into any game any more thinking we are going to lose it, like I did last season. I honestly think on our day, we have the players to beat any team in the division. I too will be a happy with a point, but am optimistic about going there and beating them! Why can't we? If we are solid at the back again, work our nuts off in the middle and with the threat of Benteke and Weimann up top, we can do it. Benitez is under a lot of pressure but if we can get an early goal, I can see the crowd turning on them and their tired heads could drop. Depending on their midweek performance against Leeds, this could be a great time to play Chelsea away.

Draw would be a good result against Chelsea, even if they are knackered. Apparently in Goals on Sunday they said that Chelsea is scheduled to come back from japan in tuesday so Rafa would be crazy to play those players who he had with him on wednesday so Leeds should have a great chance of winning.

Definately a very interesting game no doubt about it.

Alot of factors of which one being a midweek game for them away to a team definately up for it at this stage of the competition.

Then our game on sunday which could see by then perhaps chelsea miss out on 2 competitions in 4 days, morale could be low (which is also looking the case with some already), tiredness kicking in and one early goal for us could excite there fans towards rafa which could see ourselves a good result at the bridge.

They have alot of injuries aswell if I remember correctly and signs of some of there key players already not performing like they were at the beginning of the season. Personally I feel we could not have caught this fixture at such a better time.

Another factor is a great record so far this season against the 'Sky 6' teams in the league that we have by so far picking up 4 points in 4 games with 2 to play before the turn of the year. I am hoping we could make it atleast 6 points from the 6 games which would be fantastic imo.

I have another quiet confidence feeling about this game but first it's all eyes on there midweek LC fixture.

Another factor is a great record so far this season against the 'Sky 6' teams in the league that we have by so far picking up 4 points in 4 games with 2 to play before the turn of the year. I am hoping we could make it atleast 6 points from the 6 games which would be fantastic imo.

I have to take issue with this, we do not have a 'great record' against the 'Sky 6'. We lost at home to United, got hammered at City, got an OK draw at home to Arsenal, and an impressive win at Liverpool, who may be in the 'Sky 6', but certainly not the Premier League's top six.

hmm. I can see this going any which way. I think they'll beat Leeds tomorrow, regardless of who they play.

In any case, on Sunday, if we score 1st, I'd fancy our chances to use our counter well. It'll also mean their fans will be disgruntled.

If they score 1st, I can see the class of Hazard, Torres and Mata picking us off as we chase the game.

1st goal is mightily important next week.

Why oh why, is Dowd the ref, we had him a few weeks ago. Can't **** stand this bloke, hes the worst ref going. Fat **** word removed.

He is the worst by far - headline grabbing prick. With him as ref there'll be penalties, sendings off and awful decisions made due to him not being able to keep up with play. His worst fear is not being talked about/noticed from a game.