Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

How much longer is Vlaar going to be out - he seems to be taking ages to return

Its only been the last couple of seasons he has been fit, when he was at AZ and his first few seasons at Feyenoord he only managed about 50 games in 6 years !!!!! Probably dont want to rush him back too soon given his past problems

Are you serious?

Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood, Bent.

And trust me, the big boys will be watching Clark, Baker, Bannan and Weimann.

Guzan might stand a chance, Bent, Gabby and Ireland when and if they are playing and playing reasonably well then maybe. The rest are a mix of nearlies, maybes and potential.

The smash and grab raid we did on Liverpool was awesome but also quite lucky as I imagine Chelsea will mark Benteke and Weimann better and not underestimate us. If Ireland or Zog don't play (and even if they do) there is no guarantee of any creativity in our midfield that would open Chelsea up, Westwood, KEA, Delph and Bannan are pretty unlikely to set up any goals or score any themselves.

We need to contain the opening 25 mins. Like last week, keep a clean sheet then we can hit them on the break perhaps. If we end up chasing the game we could get cut to ribbons

Not so sure that would work. If we push hard for the first goal to build on the growing confidence, who knows could well steal the game, sit back and we will be cut to ribbons.

To be honest we don't have much quality. Aside from Benteke who do we have that would command a starting spot in any top 6/8 teams?

In all honesty only Benteke and Guzan would get into the starting 11 of a top 6/8 club such as Everton or Liverpool. Benteke is unplayable at the moment and Guzan IMO would get into the Liverpool starting 11, he is better in the air and on the ground than Reina. Onto the game, Chelsea's front four of Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Torres will rip our defense too pieces, but Benteke/Weimann will torment Luiz and Terry so going for a hard-earnt 2-2 draw and bring a point back from London. UTV

In all honesty only Benteke and Guzan would get into the starting 11 of a top 6/8 club such as Everton or Liverpool. Benteke is unplayable at the moment and Guzan IMO would get into the Liverpool starting 11, he is better in the air and on the ground than Reina. Onto the game, Chelsea's front four of Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Torres will rip our defense too pieces, but Benteke/Weimann will torment Luiz and Terry so going for a hard-earnt 2-2 draw and bring a point back from London. UTV

terry is out so thats an upside aswell...

Wasn't dowd the ref in the 4-4 in 07 (one of the all time great football games) I'm sure it was, he sent off carvalho and cole after sending off knight when we were 2-0 up. The fat bastard.

An astonishing game of football that. Absolutely brilliant. We should have won it of course, but beggars can't be choosers.

Then there was the 3-3. Not to mention the various wins we've had over them under O'Neill and stretching back further. Even McLeish managed to beat them. I remember the 1-1 draw when a 19 year old Agbonlahor equalised to keep our unbeaten start to the season going way back in September 2006.

We have a hoodoo of sorts over them. Our games are usually packed with entertainment and we almost always get something even if it's just a good show.

I think we'll win. Safe money is on the draw. Or maybe they'll batter us for 7. Who knows.....

I can't wait.

I think we'll take a bit of a kicking today sadly. Can def see a pen against us, might stick some money on that actually. Their team is packed with little skilful players who turn and jink back the other way, and our keen young team are liable to clatter someone trying to block a cross or something.

Let's all stay calm if it's 4-0 shall we?

I'd bring Ireland in for Bannan as we can't afford to keep surrendering possession as Barry tries to keep finding gaps where there are none.

I've a feeling Dowd will be watching Clark for any hint of shirt pulling in the box and as soon as he sees it he will point to the spot to give Chelsea a platform to get the 3 points. I can even see a Red card at some point.

Essentially what I'm saying is I think Dowd will spoil the game.