Alfred Finnbogason (Heerenveen)

Villan4Life

http://www.dailymail...ds-newsxml]Here

Guy they brought to replace Bas Dost (who we was linked with earlier in the year) 12 in 14 and looks very promising

Aston Villa are monitoring the impressive form of Heerenveen striker Alfred Finnbogason.

Manager Paul Lambert has been alerted to the performances of the Iceland forward, 23, who has scored 12 goals in 14 Eredivisie games this season.

Finnbogason only joined Heerenveen from Belgian side Lokeren for a bargain £1million in the summer but has blossomed under the tutelage of their coach, Holland strike legend Marco van Basten.

Heerenveen have a good record for developing strikers to sell on at a profit and may be willing to listen to offers.

Lambert needs more options with Darren Bent likely to leave in January once his hamstring injury clears up.

Villa have also shown interest in Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas but he is considered too expensive. Swansea and Arsenal have also enquired.

never heard of him or ever seen him play, but PL hasnt made any bad signings so far (although would prefer bas dost tbf)

The fact that he has 9 "new" players in the squad and we are 17th kind of suggest otherwise? Not saying anyone are stand-out bad signings, too early to tell etc, but something is pretty much wrong when we are this bad.

Van Nistelrooy

Allback

Huntelaar

Afonso Alves

Tomasson

a decent history with strikers at club with Alves being exception

Add Narsingh and Sulejmani to that list althou they're not outright strikers

and finnbogason joined heerenveen, but we all know contracts mean as much as those 3 little words when youre in the other halfs bad books, nothing

for the right money, we could get most players

lets be honest, the premier league is probably the worlds 3rd biggest football league, we could get most players, despite our position

Just reading that forum on the boy, I feel like we could replace his name with Bent and nobody would know the difference. It seems they think he is a predatory striker who is great at finishing, but struggles to create his own chances. They seem to be complaining of a lack of service to him from the wings. It's like I'm trapped in the twilight zone reading that.

Yey, I've seen him play a few times for Helsing, Iceland national and Under 21's and whoever said Allback wasn't too far wide of the mark; he is mobile and works hard in attack, to be honest I didn't pay much attention to his defending, but he's an interesting player.

Actually Iceland are doing surprisingly well developing talent, a National youth setup worth monitoring.

My mate who I played with here in the states played in Iceland against him. Here's his email:

"I played against that word removed a few times. Always seemed to rip us a new asshole. Pretty much won his Icelandic side the championship in 2010, something like 15 goals and 15 assists in 22 games. Not very pacey but he´s got everything else. Great technique, finishing, late-run-into-the-box expert, he´s actually more of an attacking midfielder than an out-and-out striker. It would be interesting to see how he would do in the Premier League. Highlights: http://vimeo.com/55534410"

Â