Playstation 4

hogso

Outlast is the next free game on PS+ for PS4. Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light for PS3, Dynasty Warriors and Modnation for Vita.

Such a good service, I've already got about 12 of the best games for Vita and I haven't even bought one yet. Sony onto a winner, it was the console clincher next-gen for me

Hows the PS4 then peeps? Think I will wait till the summer to purchase.

its good, would necessarily say its must have, especially if you already own a ps3, but its still good, FIFA is miles better on it, killzone is good, everything else at the moment is multi plat, lighting effects on most of the games ive played is where it really stands out

id wait until watch dogs and infamous is out if i was you

amazes me that GAME is still selling ps4 games for £60

They are trying to make £60 appear to be the default price for next gen, which is odd because in the USA the default price has remained the same as it was for PS3 and 360, $60 (typically between £35-38 depending on how the pound is doing against the dollar). 

Sales tax in the USA varies by state but is typically 6-8% on games. which adds $3.50-$5 to the total price.  There are five states (Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon) which have no sales tax, so $60 games cost $60.

Over here, VAT is 20%  On a £60 game, £10 is VAT and £50 goes to the retailer and publisher.  In real terms that is about a third more than they are paying in the US.  On a £50 game VAT accounts for £8.33, the retailer and publisher take £41.67.  On a £40 game VAT is £6.67, the retailer and publisher take £33.33

I don't expect the £60 price will stick.  I don't think Sony, Microsoft et al expect it to stick either, but they know early adopters will pay it and they know that if they charge £60 for a while then when it sinks to £50 or £45 they will have still managed to raise the asking price from last gen without really offending anybody.  Maybe PC is the future...

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

i haven't really shopped around but ive only seen the at £60 in game

they're £45 / £50 in tesco

that's why it surprises me, when I worked there it was a case of not that many other places stocking games and naivety of parents, doubt they are the same now

My second controller's rubber on left analogue is starting to peel again :(

It's a great controller but with awful quality of material, has anyone else had any problems? It reminds me of the DWS shirt we had in 2004/5

So Ps4 owners, anyone play anything we can get online and play together? Got FIFA, COD and BF4.

Are the gamer tags different for PS4? I assumed you'd carry on using the existing sticky.

Â