West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

They looked disorganised this evening which is strange for a Pulis team.

Because they didn't set up like a Pulis team.

He played 2 up front, he only ever plays 1 up front but went with 2 after Lambert and Berahino played well together in pre-season. Not the game it try it out.

Odd really that he has just signed another striker given he only ever plays 1 normally.

Nah he usually plays 4-4-2 but one of the strikers is usually withdrawn and helps out the midfield. Berahino actually played that role at times last season. Not ideal but think he might have to do it short term or Lambert will have to do it.

He played 2 up front, he only ever plays 1 up front but went with 2 after Lambert and Berahino played well together in pre-season. Not the game it try it out.

Odd really that he has just signed another striker given he only ever plays 1 normally.

maybe he is preparing for a bid for Berahino. see Kane linked with United again and I imagine Berahino be the target when Benzema or whatever big name rejects them

Nah he usually plays 4-4-2 but one of the strikers is usually withdrawn and helps out the midfield. Berahino actually played that role at times last season. Not ideal but think he might have to do it short term or Lambert will have to do it.

He really doesn't.

West Brom manager Tony Pulis: "I said to the players after the game I have to take responsibility for this one. I played Saido and Rickie and that left the midfield too open. It went against the principles I have always worked to and it has given me a rude awakening.

"I won't be doing that against the big teams. You have to make sure you fill the midfield and don't get outnumbered. I wanted to be positive but that has taught me a lesson."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33754829

So when West Brom played Brown Ideye and Berahino last season against us it was a mirage. I know one drops deep but it's still listed as 4-4-2 on the team sheet and on the TV graphics.

Again his best Stoke team was Pennant and Etherington on the wings and Beattie and Fuller upfront....for the cup final replace those two with Kenwyne Jones and Jon Walters.

He's a 4-4-2 man...albeit an incredibly defensive one with as many centre halfs in the back 4 as possible and a cage for the central midfielders.

Just because you have two strikers on the pitch doesn't mean they are playing as strikers, remember Heskey on the left wing under McLeish?

He has always been a 4-5-1 man whatever the graphics might say or the players that were in his line up.

Tonight he went for an orthodox 4-4-2 and got punished thus the quotes from him.

4-4-1 isn't 4-4-2, tonight he played 4-4-2 thus the comments.

Pulls talking to Sky

"The pivotal moment was the time I decided to play two up front and not the extra one in midfield and you go away from what you've always stuck by. I just had a feeling for those two tonight and wanted to be positive in the first home game, but I learned my lesson."

berahino off would be my guess

Morrison-Fletcher-Gardner-McLean

has to be one of the slowest, most uninspiring midfields I've ever seen. Actually gives me confidence that we can give United a game on Friday especially since Sherwood isn't afraid to have a go at these teams. We should be finishing above that turd of a side easily. 

Â