January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The noises being: the finance dept. door being locked and Paul Faulkner saying 'come on, let's go to a trendy wine bar. Dunne's just tweeted that it's full of wenches'

Meanwhile upstairs, the chequebook is being triple locked in a kevlar and titanium strong box.

ASTON VILLA LATEST

Aston Villa's new signing Yacouba Sylla has said he dreamed of being in a relegation fight ever since he became a professional.

"Playing at Villa Park will be unbelievable," said the £2m midfielder. "It is a huge stadium with a great history and the crowd will be incredible. You dream about this when you become a footballer.

"I can hopefully help the team when we're defending against our opposition and to get the ball moving forward. I know the fans are very passionate and it will be great to get started as soon as possible."

I'm not one to over-react, and like to think I take most things on the chin, but today's BBC transfer feed has been absolutely riddled with sarcastic and negative comments regarding Aston Villa. 

Whoever's writing it is starting to piss me off.

Edit: Chris Bevan's name has gone onto the cuntbucket list.

Edited by Shillzz

So we're in a relegation scrap and the sum total of our efforts this window is the signing of a player from the French second division?

The club should hang it's head in shame, absolutely despicable. Let's hope these 'reports' of no more business are false.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

No business? or no incoming players........please tell me Warnock's gone........

I'm not one to over-react, and like to think I take most things on the chin, but today's BBC transfer feed has been absolutely riddled with sarcastic and negative comments regarding Aston Villa. 

yeah he got to me about 5 pages ago! 

EDIT: well 1.14pm to be precise!

Edited by VILLAMARV

I always get a bit annoyed with people when they say things like the BBC hate us or we're always last on MOTD and the like, but yes, today there has been a lot of this

Bloody piss-ant is getting right on my tits.

Anyway, with regards to our transfer activity, I'm fairly pleased with what we've done today. It's been glaringly obvious for the past couple of weeks that we wouldn't be strengthening significantly, and we all know that we're going down; so a signing that Sylla could prove to be quite inspired in the circumstances.

The noises being: the finance dept. door being locked and Paul Faulkner saying 'come on, let's go to a trendy wine bar. Dunne's just tweeted that it's full of wenches'

Meanwhile upstairs, the chequebook is being triple locked in a kevlar and titanium strong box.

lol is it going to be buried at blackpool we could get it next season when we play them.

Thing is like it or not we are the laughing stock of football in this country at the moment.. You can't expect to be anything other than ridiculed when you have lost 8-0 to an average Chelsea team then proceeded to lose almost every game since then including a pathetic 2 legged semi final exit to a 4th tier team.

So we're in a relegation scrap and the sum total of our efforts this window is the signing of a player from the French second division?

The club should hang it's head in shame, absolutely despicable. Let's hope these 'reports' of no more business are false.

Whilst they get our season ticket money, they dont a give ****.

This club has been down sized to a mid table championship club over the last 3 years. Thats our bright future i guess.

Edited by MagicMushroom

What needs to happen is the following...

1. Ring Stoke and tell them that they can have Bent as a straight swap for Adam & Jones.

2. Ring Man City and bust our balls to get Lescott on a loan deal

3. Kill Stephen Warnock

I'd take anything now, fresh faces can only do us good.

Look; we've all known for some time that Lerner is uninterested in spending to keep Villa in the topflight. The time for action was 4 weeks ago, and nothing transpired. The survival train left the station some weeks ago, so I'm not sure why people are acting at all surprised. 

The sooner this season is all over, the better. 

<optimist> Villa will be more active when the "loan window" opens next week ..... expect a couple of loan deals ! </optimist>

how long is that window open for?   Last day activity again I suspect useless utter useless our club is doubt lerner even in uk