January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

this is what doesnt really make sense to me. lerner will lose far, far more money by us being relegated than he would by sanctioning signings. plenty of people have said he's happy to see us relegated and earn himself some money, but how exactly does he do anything apart from cost himself actual money, and cost himself potential money from selling us, as well as costing the club the doubled TV money if we go down? am i missing something here that makes it financially sound for lerner to see us relegated or something?

aside from having a big old wedge on with a dodgy bookie, where's the positive of relegation for his bank account?

I agree, I can't see how it can do Lerner any good if we're relegated.

But because of this I really don't understand why he's not backing the manager with the funds to see us safe.

It just doesn't make sense.

I agree, I can't see how it can do Lerner any good if we're relegated.

But because of this I really don't understand why he's not backing the manager with the funds to see us safe.

It just doesn't make sense.

I think this is why many fans are baffled. If on the other hand he doesn't care any more then why isn't he trying to sell the club. Something stinks.

I like it how people are certain that a few singings will mean survival.

I dont, but this window has been the time for panic if there ever was one.

Instead the club as a whole have seemed perfectly fine with where we are. Happy to let us drift out of the league. At least the likes of West Ham & Newcastle looked like they gave a damn when they went down. Our club feels more like Blackpool's leadership. Fine with going down and just tightening belts for the inevitable.

i may be thinking a little different here, but ive always believed that if you have an immense defense line, then a defensive mid isnt necessary needed, after all, the defense would demolish any sort of attack, but as the goalkeeper is the last line of the defense, the DM is the first line

we though, have no decent defense, so were in dire need of a DM, although if we had mellberg and laursen here still, it wouldnt matter what midfielders we had

i may be thinking a little different here, but ive always believed that if you have an immense defense line, then a defensive mid isnt necessary needed, after all, the defense would demolish any sort of attack, but as the goalkeeper is the last line of the defense, the DM is the first line

we though, have no decent defense, so were in dire need of a DM, although if we had mellberg and laursen here still, it wouldnt matter what midfielders we had

I think the reason we need a decent DM is because our full backs are encouraged to get forward as much as possible. Now there's nothing wrong with that but if its your midfielders are giving the ball away on the edge of the opponents area then there will be a lot of space to hit us on the break.

Just watched the Lambert interview on Sky Sports News.

I know his demeanor always seems negative, he was NOT a happy man in that press conference.

Really starting to believe the man may have his hands tied. He needs 2/3 signings this window because otherwise we are doomed.

Dunne back would be a massive boost and I'd also like to see Warnock brought back into the side. Thats how desperate we are. The Newcastle match is huge.

If we don't sign anyone this month Lambert would be foolish to continue alienating our more experienced players like Hutton, Warnock and Bent, regardless of how shit they have been in the past.

if he has been told to get rid of them then he can hardly play them. Then not to get any funds to replace them would be a double whammy

they might be on high wages but they need playing, if he cant buy new then he needs to play who will keep us up

benteke needs a rest anyway and only be bit part super sub, lowton is still young as well, and as for LB, well, warnock is still probably the best out of the 3 of them

hutton - vlaar - dunne - warnock, may be just what we need to reduce our goal conceding, with bent having more involvement

other than that, the club need to be stricter with makoun as well, tell him to sort himself out, and get back here, or no more wages for the remainder of his contract, surely the club has rights as well?

Just read the article in the Mail. PL says that he is trying to do something within the structure of the club and only says we won't be doing a Bent/Makoun type spending spree of two years ago, much like QPR are doing now.

I think we will see a couple of Lowton type signings. Would imagine Lambert is just ensuring that he gets the right players as we can't sign more players like Bennett who will need time to settle.

• Like 1

if he has been told to get rid of them then he can hardly play them. Then not to get any funds to replace them would be a double whammy

He probably has but making them train with the kids and never playing them is hardly going to entice clubs into buying them.

• Like 1

they might be on high wages but they need playing, if he cant buy new then he needs to play who will keep us up

benteke needs a rest anyway and only be bit part super sub, lowton is still young as well, and as for LB, well, warnock is still probably the best out of the 3 of them

hutton - vlaar - dunne - warnock, may be just what we need to reduce our goal conceding, with bent having more involvement

other than that, the club need to be stricter with makoun as well, tell him to sort himself out, and get back here, or no more wages for the remainder of his contract, surely the club has rights as well?

Cant agree with Hutton, i think Lowton is an improvement. Lichaj, Stevens and Bennent have been much worse at times than Warnock.