January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

QPR sign Remy and M'Vila and we are being linked with absurd transfer targets like Sissoko and Coutinho, **** no chance, we aren't back under MON three years ago are we, going down going down going down

Just six weeks until the transfer window opens...it's looking more and more likely that Bent, Warnock, Hutton, Dunne and possibly Shay Given will all be sold...

How much money do you think Lerner will free up in addition to fees accrued?

What position do you think needs to be addressed most?

I'd like to try and make a loan move for someone like Daniel Sturridge, especially if we're shifting Bent.

A midfield boss is paramount though...I hate to say it, but a player like Joey Barton would do the trick nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmkor9WF0U

Been in meetings all day could someone please provide a potted history of the days activity,

We signed the FIFA team of the year, Guardiola is manager now, Randy's been replaced by a partnership of Bill Gates and the Sultan of Brunei, Paul McGrath from 1992 has been signed on a 10 year deal and Harry Redknapp has retired from Football Management after being sentenced to a million years in prison for being a dodgy word removed.

Edited by Stevo985

Nothing immediately imminent from what I'm told. But remember Villa had a furious last couple of days in August....

Generally waiting till the last minute would n t be so bad if it means we don't get ripped off , I just worry if we lose the next 2 games in meantime any transfers in won't have enough time to save us.

Nothing immediately imminent from what I'm told. But remember Villa had a furious last couple of days in August....

I would not be surprised if it stayed that way for the duration of the window. I can't see us doing any business.

Edited by Daniel

And we were told it was all MON's idea/fault that we left it to the last minute

Have we had the daily CI post about doing no business yet? That is usually my sign to stop monitoring this thread for the day

In the past, there's always been a fairly plausible defense for playing the long game as far as the January transfer window is concerned. Young, Carew and Maloney were all signed in the last week of the window, which worked out well in the long run for us. But with every week that passes, we're throwing lambs to the slaughter by playing our current defense. We're losing points and slipping ever closer to the trap door, there can be no excuse for the inaction that threatens our future Premier League status.

• Like 1