January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

If Lescott took a pay cut and left the champions of England to help us fight relegation I think that would prove he still is hungry enough.

It would be a massive signing for the club.

How often do footballers take paycut's? Lescott's a regular in the England squad as well. If he is leaving Man City and prepared to take a massive paycut, then there will be teams above us in the league that are after him.

He will be going to one of the big clubs no doubt. Lescott wont happen. As much as I would like it to happen. I'm with Big John we need a mix of foreign flair, young up and coming and experienced heads.

French radio station RMC reporting were interested in Moussa Sissoko

As if.

Thought Spurs were supposed to be in for him, but they have just signed Lewis Holtby so you never know maybe they are no longer interested and we might be back in with a chance, heres hoping.

French radio station RMC reporting were interested in Moussa Sissoko

As if.

interested? yes

can we get him? no

edit: his contract is running out by the end of the season though, and he has indicated he wants to play in the PL. If he pulls a Benteke-move, he might force his club to sell to us.

Edited by AXD

He will be going to one of the big clubs no doubt. Lescott wont happen. As much as I would like it to happen. I'm with Big John we need a mix of foreign flair, young up and coming and experienced heads.

We are a big club. True we have had a shite few years but never the less we are a big English club. Of course we could attract the like of Lescott. he doesnt seem like a Lambert style signing to me so I doubt it will happen but we should not put ourselves down. Aston Villa are a big club, this relegation battling shite is temporary. We will rise again and it will be a sweet time.

• Like 1

Has Danny Welbeck on loan crossed anyone else's mind

Would be fantastic but with United likely to be competing on 3 fronts up until May he will play games. If one of Rooney/rvp/Hernandez gets injured/suspended he will be needed even more. Plus they will rotate to save Rooney and rvp for the crucial games so I can't see them letting him go out on loan.

There's a guy on Twitter (freelance Journo) claiming that we're ready to bid £5m for James McCarthy.

Would be great if true but would think he's worth double that. Most likely it's BS.

Edited by Foxy1

There's a guy on Twitter (freelance Journo) claiming that we're ready to bid £5m for James McCarthy.

For Freelance Journalist, read bored teenager. Up and down the country hundreds of 15-year olds are adopting some 'In the Know' moniker and taking to twitter.

He or she could be right. In the same way that if you gave monkey a typewriter he will eventually compose Hamlet..