January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Can't see Lescott leaving cash rich Citeh and coming to VP.

Why on earth would he want to leave the current PL Champions who have just played in the Champions League and more than likely will be next season to join a club that is teetering on the brink of relegation with hardly any money to spend.

Non starter.

Surely a balance is the best way to go.

We don't want a team full of young potential and we don't want a team full of 30 year olds on big money.

But a few lescott types, with a few westwood types and a couple of Bentekes would make me happy.

Exactly, blooding in the youngsters is great for experience and with a couple of older heads to guide them through it it only helps their experience. Nothing but unproven players is pretty much asking for trouble, that said with a bit of balance within the team I love what Lambert is going for. Not as short sighted as many managers at the minute so when English football implodes on itself (and it will) we will be one of the few teams who haven't spent ourselves into the ground with no youth to fall back on

Maybe at scoring but not holding the ball up and laying it off, unless you mean laying it off to the opposition which Benteke is good at

Benteke is miles better at that too.

This is just nostalgia. Benteke is an improvement on Heskey in every aspect imaginable.

We have really missed the outlet Gabby gives us, he is really difficult to get off the ball and he runs forward, something not many of our players do. Our possesion must go up by 10% when he plays.

YES. Someone who understands why Gabby is important. He is actually very calm in possession these days, his all round game has improved. He can still run the channels, run at players and get us into the final third quickly. But he can hold the ball up, bring people into play and so on. He can wait a moment and pick the simple pass to build an attack rather than try a stupid flick giving away possession. Something Benteke can learn from. Gabby is by no means prolific in goals or assists but we play better with him in the side.

YES. Someone who understands why Gabby is important. He is actually very calm in possession these days, his all round game has improved. He can still run the channels, run at players and get us into the final third quickly. But he can hold the ball up, bring people into play and so on. He can wait a moment and pick the simple pass to build an attack rather than try a stupid flick giving away possession. Something Benteke can learn from. Gabby is by no means prolific in goals or assists but we play better with him in the side.

Yes for now he is necessary for us to survive but do you think at high wages he is worth the investment for next season and the year after?

Its laughable that some people actually think Lescott will sign for us - even on loan. If he does i will shave my nads and walk around with the hair selotaped to my forehead for a whole day.

Rumour has it that you already do that!

:)

• Like 1

Its laughable that some people actually think Lescott will sign for us - even on loan. If he does i will shave my nads and walk around with the hair selotaped to my forehead for a whole day.

Forget the fact vwe need a new defender, forget the fact he has to be good, forget the fact he is needed to help stabilise our defensive frailties, please get Lescott just for this

Lescott, 30, for £10m, or Olsson, 27? for £3m...........Olsson from the Boggies for me, and then use the money to buy Adem, whatever his name is from St Etienne, and then get Sissokho , who is out of contract in the summer.

Olsson would cost more than lescott and would be even less likely to come to the villa.

Can't see Lescott leaving cash rich Citeh and coming to VP.

Why on earth would he want to leave the current PL Champions who have just played in the Champions League and more than likely will be next season to join a club that is teetering on the brink of relegation with hardly any money to spend.

Non starter.

The same reason than Adam Johnson did? To get game time.

The same reason than Adam Johnson did? To get game time.

Adam Johnson needed to play regular football to put himself on display to enhance his international prospects. Lescott does not have to do that.

• Like 1