January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Am I the only one who thinks Hangeland would rather stay at Fulham then come here?

Who knows as I said he's on a bozzy in the Summer - but he strikes me as the sort that would want to be a coach after his football career - he's one smart cookie

so bin told. Perhaps the thought of coming in & working with so many "kids" as the media refer to us (although they're not) might be an attractive prospect

who knows?

Am I the only one who thinks Hangeland would rather stay at Fulham then come here?

No you're not. And even if he decided he quite fancied a move to Villa instead of a new contract with Fulham, I'd say someone more appealing would come in and gazump us. In the past he has been linked with Arsenal. I'm not suggesting they'd want him now, but it's a possibility and I'd say someone like Everton might fancy taking him on a Bosman what with them never having a pot to piss in.

No you're not. And even if he decided he quite fancied a move to Villa instead of a new contract with Fulham, I'd say someone more appealing would come in and gazump us. In the past he has been linked with Arsenal. I'm not suggesting they'd want him now, but it's a possibility and I'd say someone like Everton might fancy taking him on a Bosman what with them never having a pot to piss in.

Yeah I agree. I could see a club like Everton being interested as they need a new center back as Distin isn't getting any younger. Really can't see Hangeland as Villa.

Why would Hangeland leave Fulham and London for Villa and Birmingham? He has been given a new contract as well, don't know if he has signed it but surely it is better than what we could give him. He lives in one of the best cities in the world and he is a hero at a better club than Villa. Makes no sense, he will only leave for someone like Arsenal, Tottenham or Liverpool.