January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Apparently, Stephens is Prem League quality and a better version of Bannan. Keeps the ball well and is a creative player from deep. I imagine if/when we sign him the idea will be to play a 4 2 3 1 formation, like we saw against Manure/Arsenal.

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker/Clark Stephens/Bennett

Westwood/New CM Stephens

Weimann New ACM Gabby

Benteke

By next summer, the players we should hope to lose/move IMO on are:

Given, Warnock, Hutton, Dunne, Makoun, Herd, Ireland, NZogbia, Delfouneso, Bent

As they are not currently offering us anything. That is 10 players and we already have a thin squad. I think only Bent, Nzogbia and Given can have cases made for them to stay. I think those calling for KEA, Delph, Bannan, Clark, Albrighton to be moved on aswell are barmy as our squad is so thin already. These players will be fine once they are either surrounded by higher-quality on the pitch or are only being looked to make an impression from the bench (ie Bannan and Albrighton, Marc looked alright vs Spurs - needs his confidence building)

Him having to jump 2 leagues and enter a relegation dog fight

But you've never actually seen him play, right?

Things have gotten absolutely ridiculous on here. Players are now automatically written off based on their age or where they come from.

But you've never actually seen him play, right?

Things have gotten absolutely ridiculous on here. Players are now automatically written off based on their age or where they come from.

This x1000000000000000000000000 Stephens from what has been written, said and a few times on ssn he looks a good little player, he won't cost more than 3m so we will for sure have more funds to strengthen! So everybody Chill out just because he's from the Championship doesn't mean he will automatically be shit and not be able to help us!!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Just like to clarify my D Stephens comment. I'm not ITK and not looking for attention. Occasionally get to hear stuff, but not villas end. That's what I've been told. Please don't shoot the messenger haha!

• Like 1

Just like to clarify my D Stephens comment. I'm not ITK and not looking for attention. Occasionally get to hear stuff, but not villas end. That's what I've been told. Please don't shoot the messenger haha!

Fair doos, If we don't sign him we will sign someone else for Cm... But I genuinely think from what you, omariqy and Richard have said that we will get DS either this window or the Summer (Also the fact we are obviously keen on him).

I don't mind all these youngsters coming in, but since they are long term investments, we need other players who are immediate assets as well. Dale Stephens will not save us on his own, I'll be happy if he performs like westwood.

how about loaning from bigger clubs, it's cheap, low risk and teh players will want to show themselves and their actual club

Looking at the squads from the big clubs, there are quite a number of players who are rotting on the bench mostly and want to see more action (some have been mentioned here before).

ManC: K. Toure, Milner, Guidetti

Arsenal: Djourou, Rosicky, Arshavin

Chelsea: Ferreira, Malouda, Benayoun

Tottenham: Bentley, Naughton, Jenas, Livermore

Don't mind their wages, you can agree to only pay half of them. I don't think arsenal would mind to still pay half the salary to rosicky for example if he actually plays for us. it'll get his price up and it's better than paying the whole salary when he's not ding anything.

I don't mind all these youngsters coming in, but since they are long term investments, we need other players who are immediate assets as well. Dale Stephens will not save us on his own, I'll be happy if he performs like westwood.

how about loaning from bigger clubs, it's cheap, low risk and teh players will want to show themselves and their actual club

Looking at the squads from the big clubs, there are quite a number of players who are rotting on the bench mostly and want to see more action (some have been mentioned here before).

Don't mind their wages, you can agree to only pay half of them. I don't think arsenal would mind to still pay half the salary to rosicky for example if he actually plays for us. it'll get his price up and it's better than paying the whole salary when he's not ding anything.

Quite a few of those are bloody terrible :P

ManC: K. Toure, Milner, Guidetti (No - At ACON, Yes, Yes)

Arsenal: Djourou, Rosicky, Arshavin (Yes, Yes, Yes)

Chelsea: Ferreira, Malouda, Benayoun (No, No, Yes)

Tottenham: Bentley, Naughton, Jenas, Livermore (No, Yes, No, Yes)

Some good players there though. The preference would be Djorou, Milner, Benayoun, Naughton but can't see us going for any of the players mentioned sadly.

For me if we can sign someone like Hangeland (linked on Twitter) we would be much improved and would just need to sort our CM out with a DM to play alongside Westwood and Stephens (hopefully).