January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

sorry mate didnt realise were pushing for top six & a great pull after a 8 nil spanking..would love to know who is good enough for you,some name mentioned are from clubs around us..how is that a step forward, TH has come back from injury & got back into spurs side who are the right end of the table. lets see how TH plays against us boxing day.

If I'm honest I haven't watched him play for years, although this is partly because he's been a sicknote and partly because he hasn't been picked. Spurs would rip us off, as they always do, and pretty much every player we have bought from a bigger club (which sadly Spurs are at the moment) in recent years has been an expensive failure. You seem to think I was having a go. I wasn't, I just don't think Huddlestone is the kind of player we are or should be looking at.

milner..ffs he handed in a trans request to RL,hes sitting pretty with a medal & earns £100k+ a week..i know its xmas but santa wont be bringing milner to aston villa stocking

Sitting pretty, earning his money, losing his place as every window goes by. Soon he wont make the bench.

We all thought Milner was the type of player who wanted to play every single game.

He's now won his medal. Will he stay at City and be a 5-starts-a-season player? Or move to a club a bit lower down (Spurs? Liverpool? ... Fulham?)... Or could he come back to a place where he was loved, with his Premier League medal in his back pocket, ready to play some football again?

It's unrealistic. As it is every year.

ath

If I'm honest I haven't watched him play for years, although this is partly because he's been a sicknote and partly because he hasn't been picked. Spurs would rip us off, as they always do, and pretty much every player we have bought from a bigger club (which sadly Spurs are at the moment) in recent years has been an expensive failure. You seem to think I was having a go. I wasn't, I just don't think Huddlestone is the kind of player we are or should be looking at.

hes free to a loan move..stoke were in for him in the summer for 1m.. 2 years ago he dominated our midfield when we had a midfield at vp,i would take a punt on him, hes better than what we have.

The only "help" Lambert needs is the kind that Lerner can and will give hime

Not sure on that, his naivety yesterday is a real worry. We also shouldn't be buying too many more Joe Bennetts or Karim Al Ahmadis . We need some experience and class injected in this window .

milner is not the "man" we thought he was,we thought he was your working class football player..like roy keane.. hes a modern day footballer..take the £ and run, villa would not pay over 100k a week fact,man city do not need to off load him. we need to lower the bar & look at olsson & morrison from wba..dont laugh fella they are (wba) above us.

milner is not the "man" we thought he was,we thought he was your working class football player..like roy keane.. hes a modern day footballer..take the £ and run, villa would not pay over 100k a week fact,man city do not need to off load him. we need to lower the bar & look at olsson & morrison from wba..dont laugh fella they are (wba) above us.

Doubt WBA will sell to us ..in regard Milner they apparently want rid so surely we could ,if we wanted do something similar to Given's deal lower salary but longer contract.In the end it would come down to what offers he has.

Doubt WBA will sell to us ..in regard Milner they apparently want rid so surely we could ,if we wanted do something similar to Given's deal lower salary but longer contract.In the end it would come down to what offers he has.

And maybe deal like they did with Adam Johnson, they pay him hefty "Loyalty fee" lump sum to make up the difference in salary what he'd get from us vs. what he got in Man City.

I really hate this MIlner talk again its boring at this stage. he **** us over and would do the same if he did come back and had a great season and somebody else wanted to sign him. plus his salary is at least 100k a week

Would he be a player that PL wanted though. Id shave my left arse cheek to have Milner back here but I am confident the only thing being a stumbling block is the wages.

I don't know what kind of a 'man' you thought Milner was, fella, but on the pitch he was a pro.

Just because Man City turned his head and offered him the chance to win trophies, doesn't mean he 'took the £ and ran'.

It was the general opinion that he was quite upset when he left.

If there was ever the slightest chance he could return, I'd love to have him back. (I'm not saying it could/ will happen!)

Least your still positive Richard in a shitstorm of negativity

for me we had more reason to be negative in the last two seasons than we ever have now as then there was no forward plan, forward momentum and no idea of progression.

No doubt some one will now quote the oft used stats of worst start to a season and worst result to try and prove why that is not the case and why we should all be slashing our wrists