January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

problem is, nobody wants our deadwood, only our fine pine, and no other club will offer the same amount of wages to them as we are, hence why these players are happy to sit on the bench or in the reserves raking in their weekly wage

Lambert's signings so far have been very good - I think he'll sell off a few players and spend what he recoups.

Vlaar Westwood Lowton Benteke - all very good

KEA Bennett - not convinced

Bowery - too early to tell

I agree, I think people are being premature in writing off Bennett personally. I'm not saying they are wrong to make judgements on a player after a short number of games, far from it, I've already come to the conclusion that I don't think Enda Stevens is good enough, I just don't agree in regards to Bennett.

We desperately need some better quality in the final third. I like Benteke, but he isn't getting enough support from midfield so a lot of his good work goes unrewarded. Ince would be perfect, but there are clubs in better positions than us after him I'm sure.

We need goals, simple as that. We may end in relegated if we don't score more goals.

Westwood and Bannan aren't the issue in my opinion. Maybe a bit more strength in there would be handy. But it's the players ahead of them, behind Benteke that are the problem. Ireland, Holman, Albrighton, N'Zogbia etc. They just don't create chances and we're forced to play Gabby and Weimann there, who don't create chances either.

For me: 2 attacking midfielders + replace anyone who leaves (Bent, Dunne etc). Anything else can wait until the summer.

• Like 1

Liam Trotter would be a good CM signing, would probably cost about £3m?

Yes, please! A box to box midfielder with an eye for goal. He's really made Milwall tick this season and would be a bargain at the price. I think we'll face competition for his signature, though. There's even been rumours of Arsenal being interested.

Westwood and Bannan aren't the issue in my opinion. Maybe a bit more strength in there would be handy. But it's the players ahead of them, behind Benteke that are the problem. Ireland, Holman, Albrighton, N'Zogbia etc. They just don't create chances and we're forced to play Gabby and Weimann there, who don't create chances either.

For me: 2 attacking midfielders + replace anyone who leaves (Bent, Dunne etc). Anything else can wait until the summer.

Agree. There just isn't enough of a link between the midfield and the strikers, which forces Benteke to come further back the pitch then he should, taking him out of scoring positions.