January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I agree with you on many things but on this one I disagree, you probably still won't agree with me but I will at least try and explain why.

First, I don't think we are where we are because of a lack of experience we are where we are due to a lack of quality in certain areas of the team. I also agree with the general point you are making or I suspect you are making in terms of the belief that experience is some sort of a guarantee because plainly it isn't.

Experienced players bring with them their own issues, their own weaknesses and their own limitations and one thing is for certain no player when signed is a sure thing or very few anyway.

All that said I personally feel that we would benefit from a little experience in the players we sign or hopefully sign in the January window. The first reason is that we need a couple of mature and experienced heads in the team or I at least feel we do. Too many times this season we've seen games slip from our grasp when we've simply lost the plot when we've conceded a goal. In games like Man City, Southampton, Everton for instance we've seen us collapse in a very short period of time.

Now experienced players wouldn't automatically stop that happening but it might just help, that bit of experience to help people keep their heads might just be the difference. Our team against QPR was the youngest average age side we've ever put out in the PL and so I think one or two older, wiser and more experienced heads (so long as they are the right ones) could be vital in the second half of the season.

Personally I'm not saying these need to be PL experienced players, Vlaar is the perfect example of an experienced player with no PL experience who has added more to the team than just his own personal performances.

I'm all for us continuing the Lambert approach, I personally just feel at times the team looks and plays like a bunch of kids and I'd like to see that balanced out a little in January.

There are though undoubted dangers in signing the wrong experienced players, just look at QPR!

That's how I see it as well

I suggested in summer we should go for Michu before he went Swansea and what a bargain they had at 2mil when he did sign as he was one best players in La Liga last season and no one on here agreed or mentioned him either!! I rated him very highly and was not suprised he is banging them in for the Jacks. Lost out big time there

We should be looking at Spain due to the economy collapsing and raided any money bargains similar to Michu to Swansea, there are plenty of excellent players over there for 2/3/4mil that are potentially worth a lot more

I hope Henke is looking to Spain as well :)

I suggested in summer we should go for Michu before he went Swansea and what a bargain they had at 2mil when he did sign as he was one best players in La Liga last season and no one on here agreed or mentioned him either!! I rated him very highly and was not suprised he is banging them in for the Jacks. Lost out big time there

We should be looking at Spain due to the economy collapsing and raided any money bargains similar to Michu to Swansea, there are plenty of excellent players over there for 2/3/4mil that are potentially worth a lot more

I hope Henke is looking to Spain as well :)

I definitely agree with you, Spanish clubs are really faltering financially; if you called Michu fair play to you, great spot.

Villareal are doing pretty averagely, I'm surprised they haven't been raided or monitored.

Diame is nowhere near good enough for a top 6 club - he's an alright CDM, incredibly athletic but technically very limited. Reminds me a bit of Gavin McCann.

And you have the nerve to criticise my posts for being on the wind up.
  • Like 1

That's how I see it as well

If you go for experienced players they must be of the right quality. We didn't have that last season with the exception of Bent and we still don't. Diame, Adam, Ollson and Berbatov would have been the right experienced quality but Lambert thought otherwise.

I definitely agree with you, Spanish clubs are really faltering financially; if you called Michu fair play to you, great spot.

Villareal are doing pretty averagely, I'm surprised they haven't been raided or monitored.

They have a bearded Swedish centre-back who looks like he could rape and pillage a small island nation. We should snap him up.

If you go for experienced players they must be of the right quality. We didn't have that last season with the exception of Bent and we still don't. Diame, Adam, Ollson and Berbatov would have been the right experienced quality but Lambert thought otherwise.

Have you ever considered that as much as Lambert probably realised that they would provide some much needed experience, that we were not in the position to pay the wages that those 4 players would have probably been demanding?

Please stop banging the same drum every other day, we didn't sign them-move on!