January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I'm going to speculate we'll sign a defensive midfielder in their early twenties from the Bundesliga. I don't watch the Bundesliga so I have no names for this idle speculation. :)

I also speculate that we'll do less business than many fans are hoping.

Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht, very combative Argentinean DM would be a great addition. Marin would be a great loan IMO, thought for a while that we need someone who can run at defenses and take on the opposition. N'Zogbia seems to have had that quality sucked out of him by McLeish and can't get his mojo back. Wissam Ben Yedder, who we were linked to, scored 2 goals for Toulouse to beat Lyon this afternoon, takes his tally to 9 in the league and Wilfred Bony scored his 15th league goal for Vitesse, 20th in all.comps so far this season! Both players who would be welcome additions, but are likely to be too difficult to lure away in January now!

We won't be able to sign anyone cuz we will be in a relegation scrap....gonna have to see this season through with what we have I think...

We signed Bent two years ago in such a position.

Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht, very combative Argentinean DM would be a great addition. Marin would be a great loan IMO, thought for a while that we need someone who can run at defenses and take on the opposition. N'Zogbia seems to have had that quality sucked out of him by McLeish and can't get his mojo back. Wissam Ben Yedder, who we were linked to, scored 2 goals for Toulouse to beat Lyon this afternoon, takes his tally to 9 in the league and Wilfred Bony scored his 15th league goal for Vitesse, 20th in all.comps so far this season! Both players who would be welcome additions, but are likely to be too difficult to lure away in January now!

Yea but were we actually in the relegation zone when he signed?

I think you know the answer to that. We do have another six weeks until the window. Your "we won't be able to sign anyone" claim is absurd.

We signed Bent two years ago in such a position.

Yeah I remember that as well, but our team was "too good" to go down then and nobody was really that worried, probably not Bent either. This time around we are under the relegation line (maybe not in January, lots of games in December) and our team is def. not too good to go down.

To imply we won't attract anyone of quality is ridiculous. The Premier League is overrated in my view but it's where foreigners want to play. The wages we offer, in comparison to most other leagues, will cancel out our low league standing in a potential signing's view.

To imply we won't attract anyone of quality is ridiculous. The Premier League is overrated in my view but it's where foreigners want to play. The wages we offer, in comparison to most other leagues, will cancel out our low league standing in a potential signing's view.

Agreed, not to mention any agent would want a relegation clause in their clients contracts.

We will be able to sign players in January, the difficult part will be finding players of sufficient quality to make a difference that will fit in what I suspect is a rather limiting wage structure.

We won't be able to sign anyone cuz we will be in a relegation scrap....gonna have to see this season through with what we have I think...

You see that is where you are wrong my friend.

I have a feeling a deal is already cemented on a certain striker already arriving to us in January.

if he is available, or if QPR do go for him, i would really like Dawson here, even on loan till the end of the season when we can sign or he can go back. i feel what with Gallas, Vertongen and Caulker that he could be tempted away, it's just whether a short-term deal with us would be tempting enough. he would be my top priority in January if he is a realistic option.

I understand the links with him and Redknapp but Redknapp never played him as much as he deserved in my opinion, an almost guarenteed first place in the team to prove himself again with the option to either go back to spurs or stay with us i think would be ideal. thoughts?

I've noticed nathan dyer doesn't seem to start on a regular basis for swansea this season.

Think he could be a good signing for us.

This. i thought he was a great player last year, i think he would fit in with the team well. Clearly the new manager at Swansea just doesn't fancy him for whatever reason so if we can bring him in too then brilliant

also have been debating whether the option to do some sort of swap with sunderland involving Sessegnon + cash for Bent, whether that would be a realistic option. they need goals and we need someone to create goals, could work out well for both parties. thoughts on the likelihood of this?

also have been debating whether the option to do some sort of swap with sunderland involving Sessegnon + cash for Bent, whether that would be a realistic option. they need goals and we need someone to create goals, could work out well for both parties. thoughts on the likelihood of this?

I think very unlikely. Sunderland fans hate Bent and I cannot see MON doing business with us any time soon.