England V San Marino & Poland World Cup Qualifiers

andykeenan

Redknapp is annoying and unlikeable but he is quite a bit better manager than Hodgson and his teams at least plays more pleasant football.

for all his "greatness" Redknapp has only ever won 1 trophy and only got to manae a good club as tehy were rock bottom. Getting Fulham to Europa League final was just as good an achievement by Roy

And Redknapp plays crap football. At least Roy's teams try to pass it around a bit.

Huh? Spurs were often playing the best football in the league over the past few years. Even Fergie was saying it. There's plenty to criticise Harry for, but his style of football ain't one.

Depends how you define 'best football'. To me he's just direct and mostly long ball which doesn't interest me. I'm not questioning it's effectiveness, I just don't find it great to watch - he's a glorified MON in that regard.

As for Fergie, he called us title challengers, I wouldn't take everything he says so seriously.

for all his strengths it eems roy is largelya coward when it comes to selection. So **** afraid of the top 4 clubs and decides to pick the same old dross even when they're injured. Wellbeck and Carroll in the squad a is a complete joke. Thank **** Terry quit.

he had an easy out with rio, having not played in a few squads before, and it would have been mad to have given racistface the captaincy with the trial going on, in fact I suspect he would have been told explicitly not to.

by coward, he's really never going to select someone who isn't being talked about by the press. He'll pick players the media are happy to have in the squad.

We'll end up winning 2-1 or something.

Always seems to happen when we play minnows. The papers bang on about possible record margins, and then we end up with a very moderate scoreline.

i think it'll be the usual story -

we win 6/7 - 0, carroll plays well and is labelled as being back, defoe scores a couple and gets labelled as international class and questions get asked as to why he has so few caps, walker plays well and gets labelled the next cafu, rooney gets MOTM and gets labelled as being able to walk in to any team in the world

in reality we will win by a large margin and still manage to be boring to watch, carroll will win some headers against a postman and no one will ask why we are playing hoofball to him, defoe will hit the ball goalwards as hard as he can and score and then do **** all for the rest of the game and no one will say a decent keeper would save them, and rooney will play anywhere but upfront which is a broken record when it comes to us in tournaments

at least gerrard isnt playing, still cant understand why if johnson (again glad he isnt playing) is suspended for the 1st game why has roy called up 2 RBs but 3 LBs?

at the moment i think im not watching it if he names cole over baines

and did anyone watch SSN last night and see the reporter ask the spanish FA if they had an official code of conduct?

"no, in spain we have common sense"

We'll end up winning 2-1 or something.

Always seems to happen when we play minnows. The papers bang on about possible record margins, and then we end up with a very moderate scoreline.

While I cant see us getting ten, I think the margin of victory will be bigger than 2-1. San Marino is a tiny country with a population of about 30,000, more people live in Aston than live in San Marino. They have only ever won one game in their history. Their competitive record is dismal:

P112 W1 D4 L107 F19 A467

They did score twice in their last game, a 3-2 defeat to Malta in a friendly in August, but they were on a 20 game run without a goal before that. In that 20 game run they lost 11-0, 10-0, 8-0 (twice) 7-0 (twice) and a whole host of 5-0 and 6-0 drubbings. They arent very good, and if you think it will be 2-1 then I suggest you get down the bookies and put your money where your mouth is.

and did anyone watch SSN last night and see the reporter ask the spanish FA if they had an official code of conduct?

"no, in spain we have common sense"

They dont seem to have a problem with casual racism in Spain either, see the abuse Lewis Hamilton gets when he races there, the comments Luis Aragones made about Thierry Henry when he was manager of the Spanish national team or the "slanty eyes" photo the Spanish basketball team (and gold medal hopefuls) did for their official sponsors before the 2008 Olympics in China.

nJuAA.jpg

So yeah, if "common sense" means "not giving a ****" then perhaps we should look to Spain... :rolleyes:

Sorry, the 2-1 comment was tongue in cheek. I do expect us to beat them comfortably.

But I remember before when we were playing someone like Azerbaian, and the papers were pondering how many we'd score "possible record scores" and all that.

Think we won 4-0. Which is a thrashing of course, but it's short of the 13-0 that the media were banging on about.

This brings up another question, who benefits from this game? Anyone?

Shoud there be some tiered system to qualifying for major tournaments.

Seems the minnows would benefit more from playing each other more regularly than getting hammered by bigger nations all the time.

Â