England V San Marino & Poland World Cup Qualifiers

andykeenan

Cause Hodgson loves Carroll.
Yeah I guess he would wouldn't he? Perfect for hoofball and still technically a Liverpool player.

Never been that keen on Hodgson. He's just a better version of McLeish.

Yeah, typical Hodgson tactics..

And tbh, Bent hasen't been playing amazingly recently.

I still can't believe he has overlooked Crouch, been much better than Carroll.

Still been scoring though. 2 goals in his last 2 games and showed against Swansea that there's more to his game than just scoring. The only scenario where you'd pick Carroll over Bent right now is if you were planning on hoofball, which I guess explains things very well.

Can't wait until Hodgson is gone. We need a progressive England manager, not another kick and rush merchant.

Still been scoring though. 2 goals in his last 2 games and showed against Swansea that there's more to his game than just scoring. The only scenario where you'd pick Carroll over Bent right now is if you were planning on hoofball, which I guess explains things very well.

Can't wait until Hodgson is gone. We need a progressive England manager, not another kick and rush merchant.

Agreed.

I rate Hodgson and tbh I'd probably pick Carroll over Bent for England. As for needing a progressive manager I think he must have the worst squad of players to choose from for years so he's hardly going to have them passing it around like Spain.
Why would you pick Carroll over Bent? It might make sense from a Villa point of view (no chance of being injured on international duty, keep him fired up) but from a purely England point of view it makes no sense.

And nobody expects us to be as good as Spain with the ball, but it would be nice to see us at least trying to play differently. We're doing it under Lambert at Villa so why can't "Hodgson do it?

I rate Carroll to be honest. I know you don't and I accept you're opinion but I think Carroll is much more effective, especially against the poorer sides that we will face in qualifying. I'd pick Bent over Welbeck though.
Just out of curiosity, why do you rate Carroll? I mean, as far as target men go Crouch is way better.

Yeah I don't understand how Welbeck keeps on making the team either.

I rate Carroll to be honest. I know you don't and I accept you're opinion but I think Carroll is much more effective, especially against the poorer sides that we will face in qualifying. I'd pick Bent over Welbeck though.
Just out of curiosity, why do you rate Carroll? I mean, as far as target men go Crouch is way better.

Yeah I don't understand how Welbeck keeps on making the team either.

Mainly due to his first few months in the premier league, especially against us in the 6-0. Admittedly he hasn't hit that type of form in a while but there are signs that he could maybe do it at West Ham provided he doesnt get injured again.

As a targetman Carroll destroys Crouch, look at fear in QPR defenders when he came on Crouchy never brought that fear to opponents. also gave Hangeland probably his worst game in English football a few weeks ago

Shawcross has no interest playing for Wales, he's rejected their advances twice.

I'm quite happy he's in the squad as he's been very consistant for Stoke the last couple of years but because of what Wenger said after the Ramsey incident he was shunted out of contention.

Would've liked to have seen Caulker in there aswell. Rest of it is much of a muchness tbh

And I don't think Woy rates Bent tbh. Never made a move to sign him when he was Fulham manager (he signed Andy Johnson for 12m around the same time Bent went to Sunderland) and he didn't call up Bent when he came out and pubically said he was fit before the euros, I think Bent would've gone to the euros if Capello had remained manager.

And I don't think Woy rates Bent tbh. Never made a move to sign him when he was Fulham manager (he signed Andy Johnson for 12m around the same time Bent went to Sunderland) and he didn't call up Bent when he came out and pubically said he was fit before the euros, I think Bent would've gone to the euros if Capello had remained manager.

Bent was no where near match fit enough to go to the euros, it would have made no sense to take him, especially as he is the type of player that needs a few games to find his feet (as we have seen at the start of this season).

I'm sure if Bent keeps up the work rate and keeps scoring then roy will pick him, can't really base anything on the fact that he didnt sign him for Fulham.

I don't rate Hodgson very highly as manager, pretty much better version of McLeish. IMO The FA did the same mistake they did as in the 70s when Clough was up for the manager of the national team, went with the "safe choice" Greenwood - this time went with Hodgson instead of Redknapp.

Redknapp is annoying and unlikeable but he is quite a bit better manager than Hodgson and his teams at least plays more pleasant football.

im not having this storm in a tea cup over rio

woy decided to tell some people on the tube what every else already knew, probably even rio himself, what gary neville had pretty much said on monday night during commentary, what the sun had dedicated a double page spread to on saturday - rio wasnt called up

i dont know what worse, the people on the tube who decided to phone up the papers and flog this "story" or the rags for running away with it as if its some sort of shocker

i think hawksby and jacobs summed it up perfectly, its the only way to drum up interest in the national team ahead of a shit game

As a targetman Carroll destroys Crouch, look at fear in QPR defenders when he came on Crouchy never brought that fear to opponents. also gave Hangeland probably his worst game in English football a few weeks ago

In that game against Fulham he was extremely good.

I also rate Carrol. If it wasn't for the fact he has this £35million price tag hanging over him I thnk a hell of a lot more people would rate him too.

• Like 1

Â