Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

I don't know much about Gracia, but do remember at one point when he was at Watford there were debates as to who was the better manager, he or Nuno, I think at the time both were being linked to Chelsea, so must have been doing something right at that time.

Could say him being sacked by Watford was harsh as the previous season they had finished tenth, but they lost seven and drew one of his final eight league games with them, so they were definitley out of form.

Not sure how he will do at leeds, can't say it would make me particularly hopeful if Villa were in their positon and we appointed him, never seems to spend long at one club and outside of Watford where it ended badly not sure what he's done to suggest that he can come into a team in need of immediate improvment, but maybe better than some of the other options mentioned.

1 hour ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Looks like Gracia is about to be confirmed as their new manager. Can’t say I know a great deal about him, but his spells at Watford and Valencia were hardly impressive 

He got Watford to the FA Cup final and they went down soon after he left

• Like 1

Reality is their players / recruitment just hasn't been good enough. They have only 1 player who'd get into our first team. 

They had 2 x 30 million players playing against our kids last night, and they didn't look above this level at all.

51 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Reality is their players / recruitment just hasn't been good enough. They have only 1 player who'd get into our first team. 

They had 2 x 30 million players playing against our kids last night, and they didn't look above this level at all.

Who?

12 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Don't think you can base anything on a U23 game, senior players often don't put 100% into those fixtures. 

Overall I have to agree the recruitment hasn't been good enough though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

What's happened to the talk of redeveloping Elland Road? I presume that would hit the buffers if they got relegated.

Same with us. They weren't going to green light it until we were a stabilised PL club, so I'd expect them to hold fire until they are stabilised.

Their loyal world class fans is a myth. They were averaging 23/25k fans until Bielsa came in, so if they are relegated there's no point

Edited by pas5898

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Let’s do what Villa and then Wolves did sign a Basque manager. They first tried for Iraola who is also Basque . I think they’ve based their manager search on nationality.

Find it wild that 6 out of 20 Premier League managers are Spanish right now, and 4 of those are Basque. There's just as many Basque managers in the Premier League as there is English.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Â