C of E Schools?

Genie

We did harvest festival and sang hymns, I just assumed that was a normal thing at primary school, I'll have to ask the folks whether it was a CofE school. I'll be very shocked to find out they sent me to one when they didn't even bother to Christen me. Towards the end we dropped the hymns and started singing things like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and Puff the Magic Dragon, whether that was due to the change in headmaster or policy or what, but could explain why so many went on to become drug addicts. I loved harvest festival. I would happily send my kid to a school like that if it was convenient and had a great record from Ofsted.

(I teach in a CofE Primary School if you want anymore help). Also, I cannot believe people wouldn't send their child to an outstanding school, if it was slightly linked the Church. Every child has to learn about religion, and from my teaching career, children absolutely love RE as its a bit different and they like the "miracles" that are performed. Nobody is preached to in the slightest.

What miracles do you perform?

(I teach in a CofE Primary School if you want anymore help). Also, I cannot believe people wouldn't send their child to an outstanding school, if it was slightly linked the Church. Every child has to learn about religion, and from my teaching career, children absolutely love RE as its a bit different and they like the "miracles" that are performed. Nobody is preached to in the slightest.

Managing to go 6 weeks without a holiday :winkold:

Managing to go 6 weeks without a holiday :winkold:

:crylaugh: Toofuckingshay.

Having read the descriptions here of COE schools they sound absolutely the same as the primary I went to. Hymns, harvest festival etc. That said, I don't actually remember any RE being taught. It probably was though, in some way.

I went to a C of E primary many moons ago in the late 70s/early 80s.

Found it perfectly fine. I can't really recall any hardcore religious 'preaching', and if there was, it didn't work anyway, as I'm now not at all religious.

• 3 weeks later...

Never mind schools. Go for home schooling instead!

Works for Jasmin. She has avoided being indoctrinated about evolution, but clearly knows a thing or two about homosexuality. And ducks.

Or maybe she'd be suited to Toby Young's "free" school?

A4VKHLqCAAEuOww.jpg

I'm really not sure if I've posted in this topic before but in the area of Liverpool that I live in, you have four options.

CofE school - must prove attendance at place of worship as regular as 3 Sundays in 4

Catholic - ditto

County Primary - guess where all the shit kids go

Private

Sorry, it goes against everything I believe in education wise but I paid and still am paying. Rounf here it amounts to indoctrination, scrapheap or pay. The privatisation of education has been alive and well for a while

I would have a word with your local authority Bicks - I think they CofE and the RC are in breach of the Admissions Code - maybe one of the Local Government Ombudsman?

Yep. Catholic and C of E schools round here will happily take kids from Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, etc. families.

Yep. Catholic and C of E schools round here will happily take kids from Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, etc. families.

They'll happily take them, if they can get a letter from their local religious leader, saying they regularly attend.

Atheists however... But Its the Groucho Marxs line from me...

• 1 month later...
Â