Goals Goals Goals

TheSufferingVilla

Gareth Bale is a fantastic footballer. When he came to Madrid he struggled with injuries and was written off quite quickly, but people are idiots in that regard. Of course he will always be in the shade of Cristiano Ronaldo and also just blend in with all their stars, but he really stands out with his running style, technique and surprising shots/tricks. He does things nobody else is capable of doing, he glides through defenses with higher pace than Messi and Ronaldo combined. Not because he is that much quicker, but because he is one of very few who can run at full pace whilst also dribbling or passing the ball to himself. Messi makes 45 taps on the ball, shielding off defenders and slug through, but he is very often tackled and brought down. Bale is lightning quick with the ball in control, it's sick to watch. On top of that he has a wicked shot from all angles, great free-kicks and that extra bit of skill. He has 18 games in La Liga with 10 goals / 10 assists. Not bad for an initial flop!

Stay clear of injuries (which I sadly doubt he will do) and he can become a legend right next to Ronaldo and Messi in five years. Too bad he looks like a chimp with stupid hair, a little bit of the looks a la Beckham and he would have been a marketing dream!

Yep, I just hate the limited pool of players excuses that regularly gets trotted out for the home nations. Yes maybe compared to the 80s but it's still a good pool compared to a lot of euro countries.

Take Iceland. They've got Gylfi, Finbossan, that Ajax bloke, ermmmm some defender who plays for Rotherham...o.k I'm struggling!

it's most likely scored because he ain't got that good technique. He meant to get the ball with him but kicked it too hard and there it was ending up in goal. I don't think he minds. :)

• 3 weeks later...