Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i've got no issues with her and she's as good or better than many of the other pundits. she's always been very fair when it comes to villa, even said last night as much as she hates to say it but villa have been great to watch this season

but i couldn't get over how bad lee dixon was last night. even aside from the obvious hatred he had towards us (not sure what's brought that on...what have we done to piss him off?) he got so much stuff factually incorrect last night

"not said bailey or watkins' names tonight" well they'd registered our 2 shots on target of the game at that point

bailey get's wrestled down by his shirt "not a foul for me...the game's gone"

said it in the match thread and stand by it. i'd listen to eni aluko or even michael owen all day long over him.

the only thing i can think of is that he had a contractual obligation to do one of these games and had the right hump about cancelling dinner plans and getting dragged to brum on a cold wednesday night

He was the same towards us in an earlier game this season. Was either Luton or Spurs game

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was the same towards us in an earlier game this season. Was either Luton or Spurs game

Did he do the Utd Boxing day game on Amazon?

Last nights highlights.....

After Ollies volley 'Don't think hes touched the ball'.

Mcginns shot at the end 'Wasn't going in'.

And even got Bailey mixed up with Ollie at one stage.

But it's the I didnt have to be here style of commentary he picked up from 'Lawro' throughout the whole feckin game that irks the most.

Edited by Derryvillan
Clarification

4 hours ago, lainux said:

So much media today milking Chelsea's win last night, its only one game and funny how they were doom and gloom after wolves result... 

This is one of the things I can't stand, every team is either brilliant or in crisis and very little in between.

Like Chelsea and Man Utd could just be 'above average' teams at the moment but that isn't sensationalist enough.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tinker said:

Lee Dixon, when it was pointed out there was no contact for the foul for the free kick......."who cares" wtf 

Worst bit for me was when he said something like

"It made me laugh when someone said there's no better place than a cup tie at Villa Park under the lights. *scoffs* I'd have to disagree. Different memory to me"

Said in a tone that basically said "What a shit hole"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

"It made me laugh when someone said there's no better place than a cup tie at Villa Park under the lights. *scoffs* I'd have to disagree. Different memory to me"

It's was unbelievable tbh, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, he's such an moron, who employs him? They must be even thicker.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I assume he just meant because of the Giggs semi final?

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

I assume he just meant because of the Giggs semi final?

Ah maybe. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt then.

He was **** miserable all night so maybe I just assumed the worst

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lainux said:

So much media today milking Chelsea's win last night, its only one game and funny how they were doom and gloom after wolves result... 

It's pretty obvious that almost all of them are absolutely desperate for the "Big 6" plus Newcastle to do well. Pathetic.

Glad to see that Lee Dixon is getting roasted on X/Twitter & by Agbonlahor on Talk-sport. I couldn't believe my ears at certain of his comments. 'Didn't matter' that a free kick should not have been given because Enzo hit it so well; McGinn 'wouldn't have wanted the [not given] free kick if he had scored' after the foul made him shoot wide; Diaby's goal was 'a scruffy mishit'.

Carragher, Neville (withKeane) pretty much accusing clubs they played against in the 90s of taking drugs. Hopefully this will lead to angry managers and players will sue and maybe forcing these clowns to be kicked of Sky

Laughable when a Premier League team are using special inhalers

On 08/02/2024 at 15:33, Mantis said:

It's pretty obvious that almost all of them are absolutely desperate for the "Big 6" plus Newcastle to do well. Pathetic.

They're not though?

It literally benefits them when United and Arsenal are complete clown shows.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

And Danny Murphy 

At least Lee Dixon won trophies, Danny Murphy is a nobody

Carlton Palmer won more England caps than Murphy, he is irrelevant

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Speaking of Danny Murphy 🤢

There's something really horrible about that little man.

Murphy is a disgrace of a pundit. Has no opinions except licking Carragher and Gerrard arses

Funniest part is he wasnt even that good of a player

• Like 1

Tbf, Jim White is a massive penis as well, and Murphy is right to point out his PL dig is **** stupid.

When it comes to "He'd be saying it even if it was Liverpool" though, he's just wrong. Carragher couldn't get enough of Klopp's pashun when he was fist pumping his wedding ring off a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure what the feeling is of Gary Neville as a commentator but listened to the Sky feed on the river and thought he was fantastic. Spotted Kamara was badly struggling at set pieces against Maguire five minutes before we conceded and then he was mentioning Emery was going mad because we were slowing the game down when it was 1-1 and it felt like we were the ones going to win it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure what the feeling is of Gary Neville as a commentator but listened to the Sky feed on the river and thought he was fantastic. Spotted Kamara was badly struggling at set pieces against Maguire five minutes before we conceded and then he was mentioning Emery was going mad because we were slowing the game down when it was 1-1 and it felt like we were the ones going to win it.

He was good for 75 mins or so but then was practically tugging himself off toward the end talking about all the great nights he’d had at villa park. His comment that spurs would have preferred Villa to win to “keep united at bay” was also annoying 

Â