Ashley Westwood

Nabby

6 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

Find it hard to knock Westwood. It's not his fault that the club hasn't replaced him, and he remains our 2nd best midfielder - even though he is poor imo.

Showed 37 times last year, when others were at Janet Jackson concerts in Dubai, playing chewing gum games from the bench, getting drunk, tweeting super cars, saying they're going to a champs league club, or being too over weight to play. 

Never hear a pipe out of him, a true pro, who always shows. Shame it'll never be good enough to where we want to be.

Now we have an actual manager in Bruce, I wouldn't expect to see Westwood near the 1st 11 come Jan. He cost us 780k from League 1 Crewe FFS. Can't believe we employed a manager and gave him  40m to spend and he wasn't replaced.

UTV

Why is he a true pro? Because he's never in trouble? He's a coward on the pitch as showed in his recent performances. He's stealing a living representing this club at the minute. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

:bang:

His latest performance shows that he just doesn't show. Simple as.

Plays. But runs away from any responsibility whatsoever.

I watched Gary Gardner do exactly the same against Wigan. 

We agree he needs to be removed from the team. Sure he will in time.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why is he a true pro? Because he's never in trouble? He's a coward on the pitch as showed in his recent performances. He's stealing a living representing this club at the minute. 

"Stealing and living" .. do me a favour pal.  He plays when asked even though he knows the fan base dislike him.

As I said, it's not his fault we haven't replaced him, and previous management didn't sell him. 

id reserve that statement for NZogbia and Gabby. Gabby was too fat to play last year - stealing a living. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

not sure coward is the right word, but i think his confidence is shot to pieces

an experienced centre midfielder who is afraid to put in a tackle or get on the ball is a coward especially when he is on a decent wage

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Wow. I'm sorry but what has this got to do with anything? 

With context to my original point, his confidence is clearly shot and the fans are on his back.

its not his fault the club haven't replaced him. 

We signed him as a gamble from League 1 Crewe for 750k.

Since then we have spent:

5.5m Sanchez

7m Veretout

5m Tish

7m Ghana

but for some reason he's still there. Poor management.

As I said, from Jan, he should be nowhere near the side. 

Wonder who the next scapegoat will be? I'm going Elphik?

20 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

"Stealing and living" .. do me a favour pal.  He plays when asked even though he knows the fan base dislike him.

As I said, it's not his fault we haven't replaced him, and previous management didn't sell him. 

id reserve that statement for NZogbia and Gabby. Gabby was too fat to play last year - stealing a living. 

He plays when asked? Is that not his job? We have low standards if this is worthy of being called a true pro. 

I know there are far worse professionals than him but that doesn't change the fact that his level of performances are an absolute joke and not worth the money he's being paid. His cowardice approach to representing this club is stealing a living. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

With context to my original point, his confidence is clearly shot and the fans are on his back.

5.5m Sanchez

7m Veretout

5m Tish

7m Ghana

How can you argue he's a scapegoat? Performances justify the criticism he gets. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he's still a good player for this football club, he played a big role in keeping us in the premier league for a few years, he is one of my favourite current players in the squad

I pressed the quote button by mistake

I wanted to hit the report button but I did a Westwood and went completely sideways

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

5.5m Sanchez

7m Veretout

5m Tish

7m Ghana

Im glad someone else has mentioned Eplhick captain courageous what a waste of 3 million, absolute garbage he is. 

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He was awful on day 1. His debut against Southampton was terrible. 

That's not the same thing is it.

Being awful on your debut but showing decent signs afterwards, albeit in small doses, doesn't make you awful from day one.

At least IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's not the same thing is it.

Being awful on your debut but showing decent signs afterwards, albeit in small doses, doesn't make you awful from day one.

At least IMO.

True. Just pointing out how absolutely awful his debut was. I also don't think his first year was so good that he couldn't be labeled as awful from day one. There were glimpses and decent periods but I can see why some would have viewed him as that right from the start. 

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

True. Just pointing out how absolutely awful his debut was. I also don't think his first year was so good that he couldn't be labeled as awful from day one. There were glimpses and decent periods but I can see why some would have viewed him as that right from the start. 

I only took issue with people saying 'from day one' because the only way that works is if you are poor and then continue to be poor for the duration of your time at the club. Westwood is the epitome of a below average footballer who IMO has actually dropped in quality steadily over his time here but hasn't always been this bad.

Saying from day one sounds like an unnecessary attempt at point scoring which can't be backed up.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

But surely that's terrible. You could put any shit player out there and they could be anonymous. I'd still class a performance like the one he put in yesterday as terrible. 

Yeah it's a personal thing like I said. For me an anonymous performance like that is bad, but not particularly horrible. A terrible midfield performance would be Bacuna's against Liverpool last season for example, which shows you can be a whole lot worse than just anonymous.