Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Another anonymous game. It really is difficult to understand what he does.

Apart from what's should have been an assist in the first half and the last ditch tackle to prevent them from a certain goal in the first half.

seriously though, not sure why I bother.

• Like 3

Genuinely no idea what some people watch at times.

It's not even subtle things he was involved with yesterday.

Great through balls that should have been converted and a fantastic last ditch block which prevented a goal.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Yeah I have to agree. If his performance yesterday is considered ineffective or below par, then I guess he's never going to win some of us on here.

If continues to play like that, he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 3

Yeah I have to agree. If his performance yesterday is considered ineffective or below par, then I guess he's never going to win some of us on here.

If continues to play like that, he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet.

However he plays he'll never win some people over

• Like 1

Another anonymous game. It really is difficult to understand what he does.

So anonymous that he created our best chance with a terrific through ball? Yeah, really difficult to understand isn't it?

Add to that he made a good interception with good reading of the play to create the chance.  I like the thoughts of him playing in that more advanced centre midfield role with Sanchez sitting deep.  Sanchez, Westwood and Gueye could be a great midfield 3, has everything needed.  Also just one more thing on Westy,  joint 8th for key passes in the league so far and 2nd of all the English players behind Shelvey. 

• Like 1

I'd like to add to that - watch the gif where Palace give the ball away for Agbonlahor's chance. The ball isn't passed directly to him, he anticipates it a second before and halts his movement out wide in order to intercept the pass. Proactive not reactive football.

Edited by a m ole

What does a gif of him offering nowt look like? You're misplacing your buzzwords

A gif of him standing around?

Did you even read the article? It's not just 3 gifs slapped together saying "hey look he's good". It's a detailed analysis of his game against Palace with supplementary gifs highlighting that he had a good game.

That doesn't suit his post though