Ashley Westwood

Nabby

...and people excuse his performances by saying he is not a DM. What is he then?

You can't play him further forward because there is nothing cutting edge to his game in the slightest, not mobile enough to be a ball winner or box to box, not sharp enough technique wise or mentally to be a creator.

What does he do?

Nothing that any other player in this league can do, sit there, pick up the ball, pass it 5 yards and don't track runners. Brilliant.

• Like 1

...and people excuse his performances by saying he is not a DM. What is he then?

He very much is a defensive-midfielder by his own admission. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

He very much is a defensive-midfielder by his own admission. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Shouldn't a defensive midfielder be good at tackling?

Yes but because he isn't good at this doesn't change what position he plays in. A striker should pose a goal-threat but that doesn't mean that Heskey therefore wasn't a striker.

• Like 1

Yes but because he isn't good at this doesn't change what position he plays in. A striker should pose a goal-threat but that doesn't mean that Heskey therefore wasn't a striker.

He is a defensive midfielder but considering he is not very good at it should this be his position?

He is a defensive midfielder but considering he is not very good at it should this be his position?

He is good at it, in league 1.

I'd happily see him replaced with an actual DM myself. He had a decent period from the Cardiff game to around the United game where he did start getting stuck in a bit more but he has returned to his anonymous best off the ball.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

haha thanks for that

I think in order to see the best out of Westwood, we need a recognised DCM, to take some of the pressure off of himself and Delph.Then, I think we'll see Westwood control the game a bit more.

It's a shame what happened to Petrov, becauseI think a midfield trio of Petrov, Westwood and Delph could have been very good at keeping the ball.

Edited by Jay.P.A

With 4yrs of total rubbish most Villa fans have hit rock bottom miserable, myself included. However this does cloud the judgement of most, with everything just labelled rubbish, not good enough, get out. It's even been said of Benteke.

So I don't care what any one of my fellow miserable villa fans say, this guy is a cracking little player. If you can't see it got to specsavers, and then bring me some sweets home on the way, as I'm still miserable.

He was cracking when we got passed off the park at home to Fulham, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle. He was even runragged by Sheff United. If Westwood is a cracking little player it just shows how far we have fallen.

He wouldn't have got anywhere near our side even 3 years ago, he wouldn't have got in the side when we had DJx2, McCann, Berson and Bakke.

With 4yrs of total rubbish most Villa fans have hit rock bottom miserable, myself included. However this does cloud the judgement of most, with everything just labelled rubbish, not good enough, get out. It's even been said of Benteke.

So I don't care what any one of my fellow miserable villa fans say, this guy is a cracking little player. If you can't see it got to specsavers, and then bring me some sweets home on the way, as I'm still miserable.

He was cracking when we got passed off the park at home to Fulham, Stoke, West Ham, Newcastle. He was even runragged by Sheff United. If Westwood is a cracking little player it just shows how far we have fallen.

He wouldn't have got anywhere near our side even 3 years ago, he wouldn't have got in the side when we had DJx2, McCann, Berson and Bakke.

colinfarreldisbelief.gif

• Like 1

If you say so rodders, if you say so son.

• Like 1

I personally think Westwood has been good. He's a defensive midfielder but not much of a tackler, more defending space and controlling the tempo etc. His passing has been quality, linking players together. If we had a CAM he'd be noticed more for linking play. 

Edited by tomh621