Ashley Westwood

Nabby

As much as I rate him he needs to be dropped, problem is who do you play out of him and KEA; an out-of-form Westwood or someone who doesn't look like a Premiership quality centre midfielder??

KEA has been decent enough so far this season. Whilst we continue not to keep any form of possession, he should be selected ahead of Westwood for his superior off the ball contribution alone.

I really like Westwood as a player and i'm hoping that as we all sometimes have had a bad day at work then this is equivalent to Westwood today.

The difficulty is that if his form doesn't improve then as stated above who do we replace him with if Lambert decides to drop him? 

We definitely need to bolster the midfield in January with a bit of quality and experience to help the young lads progress.

Edited by Morpheus

I really like Westwood as a player and i'm hoping that as we all sometimes have had a bad day at work then this is equivalent to Westwood today.

The difficulty is that if his form doesn't improve then as stated above who do we replace him with if Lambert decides to drop him? 

We definitely need to bolster the midfield in January with a bit of quality and experience to help the young lads progress.

It would probably be Delph, KEA and Sylla, but I think Westwood is better than the latter two, and how will he get his mojo back if he is not playing.

As much as I rate him he needs to be dropped, problem is who do you play out of him and KEA; an out-of-form Westwood or someone who doesn't look like a Premiership quality centre midfielder??

KEA has been decent enough so far this season. Whilst we continue not to keep any form of possession, he should be selected ahead of Westwood for his superior off the ball contribution alone.

Can't agree with that, just reminds me of Bannan but slightly taller. Same build, similar range of attributes and wouldn't surprise me if we were soon to see some of the 'Hollywood Style' balls that made Bannan a household name at VP :P Where is Con when you need him lol.

Edited by Avflife

Yeah  I like Westwood but he was poor today and probably should be dropped next week for Sylla. Has the butter wont melt look but he is close to a sending off at the moment. His corners are not great either. But I think he is just on a bad patch, and will get better as the season goes on.

We missed KEA when he went off today.

Not a big fan of Westwood tbh, not sure why everyone rates him so highly.A decent sideways pass, does'nt cover runs, gets caught out of position, not strong enough.For me behind Delph, KEA, Sylla and probably GG.Needs replacing asap

I thought both Westwood and KEA were very weak and outclassed today. Neither has any vision or presence and frankly they are not the players to take us forward in more ways than one. Very disappointing. IMHO Sylla should have started instead of KEA and unfortunately we have no options for an alternative to Westwood

Not many players at villa really do have technical ability tbf, its a team of hard working counter attackers. Benteke is a football brain and streets ahead of everyone else, theres a few you could argue a case for but the rest i dont think you could say have any technical attributes.

I was never his biggest fan even last season. I didn't see what others saw and did not understand the high rating of him. However this season he has been well and truly shown up. Contributes nothing in attack, reckless with tackles and isnt a stopper. A dead weight to the team. Looks a Championship player at best.

Like a bunch of women in here. Overreactions galore

3/4 home defeats in the league so far. When do you start to get concerned?

We have played Liverpool, City, Spurs, and Newcastle.

I'm incredibly unconcerned.

I don't understand what made Westwood's performance so bad. His set pieces were poor, but he's simply not good at that, its more of a problem that he's the one who's supposed to take them when its not his strength. He's the only one who is quick and decisive in possession, when he gets the ball he either picks a good pass like when he dropped a thirty yard diagonal to Weimann (or Bacuna?) in the second half, or he keeps the ball moving with a quick accurate simple pass. He also made two really critical defensive headers, one where it was him vs the much bigger Paulino on the Villa 6 yard line and Paulino probably would've scored if he got his head to it. I guess I missed stuff but what made his performance so bad?

• Like 1

Like a bunch of women in here. Overreactions galore

3/4 home defeats in the league so far. When do you start to get concerned?

We have played Liverpool, City, Spurs, and Newcastle.

I'm incredibly unconcerned.

Newcastle aren't comparable to either of Liverpool and Spurs, who will both finish in the top 5 this season; bigger picture is 3 points from 12 at home is a disgrace, should be more like 4 or 6.

Edited by Avflife