Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

He did the right thing putting Lichaj at LB, we need some pace at fullback to keep up with their wingers.

I think he's done the right thing as Lichaj is a better full back than either Clark or Baker, even if he is right footed; but he's got no pace at all.

Indeed, compared to other PL fullbacks he is quite slow. Compared to our fullbacks however, he is behind Lowton & Bennett with the most speed. Baker did a decent job at FB against the Hammers but against Everton I felt he came to far infield and left alot of space on the touchline.

Baker is definitely not a full back, I think he gets put out there because he's left footed - Clark's problem is that physically he's neither quick enough for full back or big enough for centre back. Lichaj is our best option at the moment, hopefully Bennett proves to be a player.

This is going to be an exciting game. I gotta say I'm loving this I really am, the adrenaline that flows before a Villa match is such a rush I don't think I'd trade it for anything.. I'm hoping a 2-1 win for Villa but we all know Cisse is going to destroy us.

He did the right thing putting Lichaj at LB, we need some pace at fullback to keep up with their wingers.

I think he's done the right thing as Lichaj is a better full back than either Clark or Baker, even if he is right footed; but he's got no pace at all.

Indeed, compared to other PL fullbacks he is quite slow. Compared to our fullbacks however, he is behind Lowton & Bennett with the most speed. Baker did a decent job at FB against the Hammers but against Everton I felt he came to far infield and left alot of space on the touchline.

Baker is definitely not a full back, I think he gets put out there because he's left footed - Clark's problem is that physically he's neither quick enough for full back or big enough for centre back. Lichaj is our best option at the moment, hopefully Bennett proves to be a player.

Couldn't agree more.

I can El Ahmadi & Bannan holding in midfield, worried we don't have enough bite with both of them being there though. Would loved to have seen Westwood on the bench, understandable though due to no PL experience. Surprised Herd was left out aswell, could've gave us abit of protection in the second half when Bannan inevitably gets subbed.

I've no problem with Bannan in the side - would've liked to see Delph or Herd for Holman as they add a bit more much needed bite, I'm guessing they both have knocks and I don't think Westwood was signed in time.

Newcastle have midfielders who can run with the ball and I worry about the power we have in midfield on the run.

Christ, looks like a Graham Taylor Mk. II team. No width and no bite in midfield. Bannan can run the show against Tranmere but away from home against a team we haven't beat on their own patch in years? I don't think so. I like Lambert but his selections are really beginning to worry me.