Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

A clean sheet would be the biggest result.

I think we'll see a big improvement today, maybe not winning improvement, but a more solid display. My fear is we will work hard all game and our inexperienced back line will concede late on due to lack of concentration. Bent, Ireland, CNZ all need big games today.

1-0 loss, but with reason to hope.

Delph not involved?

-------------Guzan------------

Lowton--Vlaar---Clark--Lichaj

-------------Bannan-----------

El Ahmadi--Ireland---Holman

------Weimann--Bent---------

It's ballsy and there's no way we can defend with that formation - maybe we're looking to win it 5-4?

Without Herd or Delph, our lack of a midfielder who can play any sort of holding role is really exposed. Is Westwood the man who will fill that eventually?

For today, it looks like Bannan will continue in the deeper playmaker role he played against Tranmere, when I thought he did really well - this is a very different kettle of fish though.

This might get a little bit ugly.

Guzan in, quite surprised really. In a good way, chance for him to shine. Could be the beginning of the end for Given?

Not surprised Baker was dropped though, it seems clear Lambert views Clark as the next best centre half in the squad at the moment. Lichaj at left back is fine. Let's see if this midfield can learn to link up to the front better today.

He did the right thing putting Lichaj at LB, we need some pace at fullback to keep up with their wingers.

I think he's done the right thing as Lichaj is a better full back than either Clark or Baker, even if he is right footed; but he's got no pace at all.

Bennett has been injured for a few weeks so not surprised he isnt risked...

surely Delph must have picked up a knock coz he isnt even on the bench...

we are going to get utterly bummed down the flanks..Ben Arfa will have a field day...

glad Zogs ahs been dropped but would like to have seen Baker for Clark...

its hard to get annoyed by any team selection coz i havent got a feckin clue which our best team is...

and i dont think PL does either..

long afternoon beckons

He did the right thing putting Lichaj at LB, we need some pace at fullback to keep up with their wingers.

I think he's done the right thing as Lichaj is a better full back than either Clark or Baker, even if he is right footed; but he's got no pace at all.

Indeed, compared to other PL fullbacks he is quite slow. Compared to our fullbacks however, he is behind Lowton & Bennett with the most speed. Baker did a decent job at FB against the Hammers but against Everton I felt he came to far infield and left alot of space on the touchline.