SPECULATION: Mauro Zarate (Lazio)

Villan4Life

mirror

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has made a late move to sign Lazio's ex-Birmingham City forward Mauro Zarate.

Lambert is desperate to strengthen his strike-force before the summer window closes on Friday night and has now gone for 25-year-old Zarate, who had a loan spell at Villa's fierce rivals four years ago.

Goal-shy Villa are looking a loan deal with a view to a permanent switch and landing the Argentinian would be a major coup for Lambert.

-------------------Bent------------------------

Agbonlahor-----------------------------------

---------------------Zarate--------Holman----

-----------Ireland------------------------------

------------------------El Ahmadi--------------

-------------------------------------------------

Bennett------Dunne--------Vlaar------Lowton

--------------------------------------------------

------------------------Given--------------------

8)

Yes please. A front 3 of Benteke, Bent and Zarate would be a huge improvement on our current options, even with Gabby fit.

Although, could Agbonlahor be off to Sunderland?

I would certainly love that. However, I personally feel it is either/or with Benteke & Zarate, even though they are completely different players.

I think we will bring in Benteke, & Jordan Bowery and that's our lot.

I hope, I really, really hope I am wrong.

He strikes me as a player who has flattered to decieve for his entire career to date. Flashes of brilliance on an all to infrequent basis. Panic buy perhaps? Maybe it's just wild speculation because Lazio have clearly been trying to offload the player if the reports of how many clubs Zarate has been linked with this summer are anything to go by.

Isn't he on loan with inter with an option to buy?

Also, didn't Lazio pay quite a lot of money for him?

Yeah you're right but I think he's loan has finished and they don't seem to have taken up the option.

Zárate completed a move to Lazio on 5 July 2008. He joined initially on loan, for €2.4 million, with Lazio having an option to make the deal permanent

---

In July 2010, FIFA's Dispute Resolution Chamber passed a decision that ordered Lazio to pay an additional solidarity contribution of €726,936 owed to Vélez Sársfield. Lazio only paid €73,442.77 corresponding to the €2.4M loan fee. They rejected Lazio's claim that the club had paid €20M to Zárate, who had then paid Al-Sadd to terminate his contract in April 2009, so that he was signed as a free agent and the €20M was not a transfer fee. In February 2011 Lazio appealed but dismissed

He strikes me as a player who has flattered to decieve for his entire career to date. Flashes of brilliance on an all to infrequent basis. Panic buy perhaps? Maybe it's just wild speculation because Lazio have clearly been trying to offload the player if the reports of how many clubs Zarate has been linked with this summer are anything to go by.

My initial thought as well. He was supposed to be the next big star, but that didn't happen. Then again, we could have used a few flashes a brilliance in the last two league games. He might not be in form, but he is still a technical and creative player, a type that we seem to dearly need.

It'll be a very interesting few days to say the least, the media do not conjure links and articles without a source or a thread of speculation to expand on; theres probably interest lets just see what happens.