SPECULATION: Mauro Zarate (Lazio)

Villan4Life

...................Given..................

............Vlaar......Dunne..........

Lowton.........N'Zonzi.........Bennett.....

...Ireland....El Ahmadi...Adam...........

.................Zarate.....Bent.....................

IMO :)

Too vulnerable at the back without three in the middle. And need a more typical DM type then El Ahmadi, which should be used as the box-to-box in front.

Zarate had a handful of good games and a handful of bad games. That's about his whole record in English football. Since then he's not really been wanted by any club, being passed around, loaned, trialed.. if he's as good as some of you were making out, he would have settled at a permenant club. This suggests that you're all basing it on the handful of good games he had, or he's a trouble maker.

Reminds me a bit of Carbone in that he could create something out of nothing, at times look a world beater but at other times a bit of an attitude problem.

Oh Carbone, the memories... I can still see his name flash in the good old CM text message when I close my eyes.

Reminds me a bit of Carbone in that he could create something out of nothing, at times look a world beater but at other times a bit of an attitude problem.

Oh Carbone, the memories... I can still see his name flash in the good old CM text message when I close my eyes.

Carbone

Good times.

Zarate had a handful of good games and a handful of bad games. That's about his whole record in English football. Since then he's not really been wanted by any club, being passed around, loaned, trialed...

Except for the 20 million Euro transfer to Lazio?

He seemed to do quite well at Lazio, good enough for Inter to come knocking.

The lad has undoubted talent, but has been inconsistent at times and does 'apparently' have a questionable attitude.

However whatever risks involved in signing Zarate are IMO well worth it.

Zarate had a handful of good games and a handful of bad games. That's about his whole record in English football. Since then he's not really been wanted by any club, being passed around, loaned, trialed...

Could you be thinking of Amir Zaki maybe?

My Lazio-supporting friend has said that Zarate's been very good for them. Not sure if he's suited to the prem, though. Don't believe in this link anyway. But IF we buy him and IF he's learned anything from his spell in sha I hope I'm wrong.

Is this the chap who threw that strop after being subbed at VP?

I think it is yeah, but weren't we beating them 5-1 at the time? Or 3-1? Cant remember which. But either way, it's not exactly a bad thing when a player doesnt like being subbed, shows that they want to play and feel they can still change a game. I'd welcome that attitude at VP.

Could you be thinking of Amir Zaki maybe?

Fee for Zarate to Lazio was around €20m

Assuming his attitude isn't a write-off, I'd definitely take the player's abilities. Liked him at the noses. He'd fit in well alongside Bent IMO.

I think it is yeah, but weren't we beating them 5-1 at the time? Or 3-1? Cant remember which. But either way, it's not exactly a bad thing when a player doesnt like being subbed, shows that they want to play and feel they can still change a game. I'd welcome that attitude at VP.

I had the same prejudices when i saw the link and recollected his subbing at Villa Park ... but then I checked myself as I recalled who his manager was.

Zárate's stats since moving to Italy...

[table] [mrow color=grey:9f4f4f7b66] SEASON [mcol] COMPETITION [mcol] GOALS [mcol] ASSISTS [mcol] GAMETIME (MINS) [mcol] GOALS PER GAME

[row color=darkblue:9f4f4f7b66] 2011/2012 [col] Serie A [col] 2 [col] 2 [col] 953 [col] 0.19

[row color=black:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Coppa Italia [col] 0 [col] 0 [col] 57 [col] 0.00

[row color=darkblue:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Champions League [col] 1 [col] 1 [col] 434 [col] 0.21

[row color=black:9f4f4f7b66] [col] TOTAL [col] 3 [col] 3 [col] 1444 [col] 0.19

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] 2010/2011 [col] Serie A [col] 9 [col] 9 [col] 2505 [col] 0.32

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Coppa Italia [col] 0 [col] 1 [col] 90 [col] 0.00

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] TOTAL [col] 9 [col] 10 [col] 2595 [col] 0.31

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] 2009/2010 [col] Serie A [col] 3 [col] 5 [col] 2517 [col] 0.11

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Coppa Italia [col] 1 [col] 1 [col] 180 [col] 0.50

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Supercoppa Italiana [col] 0 [col] 0 [col] 90 [col] 0.00

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Europa League [col] 4 [col] 1 [col] 469 [col] 0.77

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] TOTAL [col] 8 [col] 7 [col] 3256 [col] 0.22

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] 2008/2009 [col] Serie A [col] 13 [col] 7 [col] 2810 [col] 0.42

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] Coppa Italia [col] 3 [col] 1 [col] 409 [col] 0.66

[row color=cyan:9f4f4f7b66] [col] TOTAL [col] 16 [col] 8 [col] 3219 [col] 0.45 [/table]

Sign him up! I actually wonder if there's a player we will be linked with that I don't want us to sign. Apart from re-signing Heskey or getting J.Barton we are so desperate for players anyone will do.

I had the same prejudices when i saw the link and recollected his subbing at Villa Park ... but then I checked myself as I recalled who his manager was.

:mrgreen:

Seems to have a pretty good record....so why didn't he play much I wonder?

Very different to the other striker that we are meant to be after. Perhaps the cheapo from Chesterfield allows this to go ahead?