SPECULATION: Mauro Zarate (Lazio)

Villan4Life

Zarate had a handful of good games and a handful of bad games. That's about his whole record in English football. Since then he's not really been wanted by any club, being passed around, loaned, trialed...

Except for the 20 million Euro transfer to Lazio?

Could you be thinking of Amir Zaki maybe?

Yes. Yes I was.

Ignore me.

the media do not conjure links and articles without a source or a thread of speculation to expand on

The force is not so strong in this one. That is signature worthy...

OK, given my obvious skepticism to any story printed in the papers, ESPECIALLY the Mirror, I may allow one transfer rumour to stand. After all, the Heil broke the Bowery story yesterday. As it's the mirror though - no chance ever. Rubbish journalism from a rubbish paper.

The force may not be strong, but my academical achievements and work around news / journalism professionals is...

So on Lazio sites it says we are looking for a loan but Lazio only wan't to sell for €14m...

Can't se Randy paying that much for a player anymore

If it is 14m Euros it would be great business, he's easily worth that.

Don't think there's much chance of this happening but this is the sort of signing that would make me much more confident of the rest of the season.

He'd do a similar job to Keane, be the link between midfield and attack and chip in with goals himself.

Reminds me a bit of Carbone in that he could create something out of nothing, at times look a world beater but at other times a bit of an attitude problem.

Exactly, that sort of player. Beni was pretty good on the whole for us before taking the money at Bradford (how weird does that look now.)

Remember Keane looked to be winding down his career but played some excellent games for us.

Not sure why we couldn't get both of these strikers, with it being a loan I doubt we'd pay all his wages and Bentneke would come from the Belgain league so can't see wages being an issue.

Just move Fonz on and loan out Weimann till January if needs be.