Joe Bennett

Si.

I definitely think that Joe Bennett steadily improved as last season went on and was putting in consistently good performances at the back end of the season. Postionally, he is better than Luna and he has a half decent cross on him. Hopefully back in the squad soon pushing for a spot. 

• Like 1

He did have a bad game or two in the second half of the season I'd agree, but aside from the Norwich match (which I do now recall) and maybe one other or so, he showed that he was improving with experience and he never had any preseason with the club. But yeah, at the end of the day we need competition, especially in those FB positions. 

On the showing so far neither Luna or Bennett are the answers, did Lambert spend around £5m on both?

Can't say they are an upgrade from Lichaj who I think we released but he imo is better than these two.

Lichaj was the best defensive fullback at the club. Lambert didn't like him because he wasn't a liability when he was on the pitch. Lambert likes to see his fullbacks attack and get caught out of position. 

• Like 1

Lichaj was better than both. That kid we released probably would have been a better prospect too. Williams is it? was a left back or right back?

The derrick Williams that has played half a dozen games In a team getting relegated from league 1? He was a centre half by the way

Â