Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think we are favorites to go down now....but only by a gnats whisker... it could so easily turn again.  We have a chance of course but then so does every team apart from Reading & QPR... So difficult to call & i i was not too despondent about not beating Fulham as they are a better side than they are given credit for & needed points... It was a disappointment though of course. In effect it nullified our advantage gained in beating Stoke... But i think 4 points from Stoke (a) & Fulham(h) most would have been happy with.

Our biggest problem in my opinion is every time we seem to be digging ourselves out of it the teams around us either change their manager & get a bit lucky or we/they are playing teams at the wrong time (for us).. This was evidenced again today with the Sunderland win playing against a Newcastle team who had lost after extra time as recently as Thursday!! So obviously Sunderland were at a huge advantage in that one.... Even then they got lucky with the disallowed goal... & that is just how it is falling for us this season. so many things seem to have gone against us at critical times & how many own goals are we scoring too for goodness sake!?

It's an uphill battle but it's not quite over yet. I do think we will need around 39/40 pts though with the way all our rivals are nicking results & getting the rub of the green.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I think were done for - Last 2 home games against average (don't say liverpool aren't average after draws v wham and reading) opposition have left us very vunerable - Wigan are 3 points behind with 2 games in hand - and with us at Home - and a better goal difference - Factor up we have Manu away next - (Stoke Away to QPR + Home to Norwich)

Sadly I don't see us getting out of this. 

Done for? **** hell. :lol:

Wigan have City away though. Then Swansea at home. AT MOST, I can see Wigan getting 3 points with a similar GD to us on the same points. Chin up.

And Stoke being at home to Norwich benefits us. It means only one of them are going forward. Too many 6 pointers to go to call this.

But if we can't beat teams with nothing to play for at home - what chance do we have ?

Liverpool are above average and they were fighting for a European place. Fulham I agree on but we can't beat everybody. This is way too close to call, certainly too close to be saying things like "we're done for". It'd be like someone saying we're safe - completely premature.

Sorry - Yes - I meant in terms of probability. Think we need a stunning result either next week or at home to Chelsea - we need a surprise 3 points from somewhere.

Thought we looked edgy for the first time yesterday. 

We could beat two of Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan and draw against the other and that would definitely see us safe. Would you call any of those results surprising?

Edited by Mantis

Well that result today in the Tyneside derby has certainly made me reconsider things. Newcastle are firmly back in the battle after being taken part by the facist's team today, making them the 6th team in this tight as **** relegation battle, but I think its between Wigan, us and Stoke.

Going a week at a time, I think Wigan will lose both their games in hand against City and West Spam (a) and then **** up against Spurs (h), hopefully Bale is back for them, meaning we will go into the Sunderland game with them below us and the cup final a factor on their inbread minds'. Stoke are on a horror run, so QPR (a) and Norwich (h) should bring only a point, leaving them a point ahead of us going into the Sunderland game.

Norwich will beat Reading (h) next week making them practically safe on 38 points and hopefully draw against Stoke (a). Sunderland will probably now beat Everton (h) as think Everton have lost on their last two visits to the Stadium of Light, so giving them 37 points going into our game against them. Newcastle with the talent in their squad will beat 2 teams in their remaining five games (Baggies, Liverpool, West Ham, QPR and Arsenal) 

Simple as after writing all that lol, we need to beat Sunderland and then concentrate on Norwich, we aren't getting anything from Old Trafford next Monday.

Theres zero chance of Newcastle being relegated - They have 5 games left and need 3 points - Wigan\Villa for me.

So Newcastle need 3 points yet you think we can't get 5 out of our remaining fixtures? We'll get a least a win and 2 draws from the remaining games which will see us safe.

I think were done for - Last 2 home games against average (don't say liverpool aren't average after draws v wham and reading) opposition have left us very vunerable - Wigan are 3 points behind with 2 games in hand - and with us at Home - and a better goal difference - Factor up we have Manu away next - (Stoke Away to QPR + Home to Norwich)

Sadly I don't see us getting out of this. 

Done for? **** hell. :lol:

Wigan have City away though. Then Swansea at home. AT MOST, I can see Wigan getting 3 points with a similar GD to us on the same points. Chin up.

And Stoke being at home to Norwich benefits us. It means only one of them are going forward. Too many 6 pointers to go to call this.

But if we can't beat teams with nothing to play for at home - what chance do we have ?

Liverpool are above average and they were fighting for a European place. Fulham I agree on but we can't beat everybody. This is way too close to call, certainly too close to be saying things like "we're done for". It'd be like someone saying we're safe - completely premature.

Sorry - Yes - I meant in terms of probability. Think we need a stunning result either next week or at home to Chelsea - we need a surprise 3 points from somewhere.

Thought we looked edgy for the first time yesterday. 

We could beat two of Sunderland, Norwich and Wigan and draw against the other and that would definitely see us safe. Would you call any of those results surprising?

Well we have to win one of those games to even stand a chance. (for this convo - I was taking such a victory as given)  - with one such victory in the bag - then a surprise result along the linewould see us stumble over the line.

.....but 'yes' to answer your question - 2 victories against the club you suggest would also do it.

well now wigan are in europe we can hope the players give up and save themselves for next season

Sadly i just can't see it though with Wigan... Their whole ethos is conducive to getting results in these sticky situations.. We are now hoping that they lose their next 3 games i believe? assuming we suffer the usual embarrassment at OT that is. They may lose to City... but they may not as City are kind of on the beach now in the Prem table & will be most likely focusing on the FA cup now. Their only objective was to win at OT which they did & finish 2nd which they will so they have little to play for really.

The West Ham game could go either way too & then they will still have a game in hand against us should we lose to Man U... it's just looking a bit like fairy stories to expect them to fail 3 times... in fact 4 times if you consider they will then have another chance to relegate us when we play them at theirs!

So for me our best chance is not Wigan.... but Sunderland or Stoke. Sadly it looks as though Sunderland have gotten lucky with the managerial change though.

It's flick a coin time for me to see who goes & who stays... but at least we have a chance!

Well that result today in the Tyneside derby has certainly made me reconsider things. Newcastle are firmly back in the battle after being taken part by the facist's team today, making them the 6th team in this tight as **** relegation battle, but I think its between Wigan, us and Stoke.

Going a week at a time, I think Wigan will lose both their games in hand against City and West Spam (a) and then **** up against Spurs (h), hopefully Bale is back for them, meaning we will go into the Sunderland game with them below us and the cup final a factor on their inbread minds'. Stoke are on a horror run, so QPR (a) and Norwich (h) should bring only a point, leaving them a point ahead of us going into the Sunderland game.

Norwich will beat Reading (h) next week making them practically safe on 38 points and hopefully draw against Stoke (a). Sunderland will probably now beat Everton (h) as think Everton have lost on their last two visits to the Stadium of Light, so giving them 37 points going into our game against them. Newcastle with the talent in their squad will beat 2 teams in their remaining five games (Baggies, Liverpool, West Ham, QPR and Arsenal) 

Simple as after writing all that lol, we need to beat Sunderland and then concentrate on Norwich, we aren't getting anything from Old Trafford next Monday.

Theres zero chance of Newcastle being relegated - They have 5 games left and need 3 points - Wigan\Villa for me.

So Newcastle need 3 points yet you think we can't get 5 out of our remaining fixtures? We'll get a least a win and 2 draws from the remaining games which will see us safe.

Yes - I believe Newcastle will get those 3 points  - Less sure about us getting 5 to be honest

I can see Wigan getting heavily beaten by Man City, and their other game in hand is Swansea at home, which won't be easy. We really should look to get 6 points from Sunderland (h), Norwich (a) and Wigan (a), although I think 1 win and 2 draws will also be ok.

Hopefully we won't go down but given how painful the last 3 seasons have been, including this season where we are massively inconsistent and have thrown away so many points, I just don't think I could be that gutted anymore.

Man City won't care about the PL now they are in the FA cup final. Wigan will be the hungrier side for the midweek fixture. City could get turned over. Nothing is a given. Wigan have done it before. They could rest Aguero, Toure, etc. When it comes down to the final games, the only thing that matters is what you do yourself. You have to win your winnable games.