Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Which bookies are offering the best odds for the combination of results should the worst to happen?

I'd rather lose £20 or £30 to see us in the Premier League next season or at worst get my 3 season tickets paid for.

Which bookies are offering the best odds for the combination of results should the worst to happen?

I'd rather lose £20 or £30 to see us in the Premier League next season or at worst get my 3 season tickets paid for.

Oddschecker.com is your friend

Oddschecker.com is your friend

I've used oddschecker to find the best single event odds (relegation), which is currently 40-1, but some of the posters were discussing better odds for the multiple match results (equating to the same tragedy) giving odds perhaps 60+ to 1. I thought it may be quicker to use other posters knowledge than work out all the combinations across odds checker.

To all those who refuse to bet against Villa, think of it as an insurance policy instead. When you take out home insurance for example that doesn't mean you want your house to burn down does it? Quite the opposite in fact.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

To all those who refuse to bet against Villa, think of it as an insurance policy instead. When you take out home insurance for example that doesn't mean you want your house to burn down does it? Quite the opposite in fact.

EXACTLY the scenario I have previously used (not on VT).

I'd rather 'lose' a couple of hundred quid a year on unclaimed house insurance than see my house burnt down or flooded. However, if something bad happens, at least it's paid for.

EXACTLY the scenario I have previously used (not on VT).

I'd rather 'lose' a couple of hundred quid a year on unclaimed house insurance than see my house burnt down or flooded. However, if something bad happens, at least it's paid for.

That example isn't my own. I got it from someone else on here.

But yeah you're right. I mean, I'd be devastated if the house burnt down regardless of how much money the insurance company paid out. It's the same with Villa. I'd be gutted if we went down even though I stand to win a large chunk of money, but it's better to have the money than not.

BetVictor's odds are probably the best. Pays about 65/1. I have stuck a tenner on!

How is the multiple bet done on line? I'm unsure how they are all together, i.e. the winning from Wigan winning tomorrow going on the other results required.

To think Wigan have 1 win in 6 and are 16th in the form table and so many people think they will win against the second best form team in the country who also have to win.

It's Wigan.

it's football!

It's..........

This is quite fitting as a theme tune to the current situation I feel.

Love it!

To think Wigan have 1 win in 6 and are 16th in the form table and so many people think they will win against the second best form team in the country who also have to win.

It's Wigan.

it's football!

It's..........

This is quite fitting as a theme tune to the current situation I feel.

Love it!

It's quite fitting as a theme tune to the current situation I feel.

Regardless of what happens (and I'm still of the opinion we'll stay up), I think most Villa fans would have to agree we've exceeded expectations massively since the Reading game. I know a lot of fans were sure we'd finish bottom...

I have house insurance so I can get a new house if it burns down. A win betting against the villa won't put them back in the Premier League. 

I have house insurance so I can get a new house if it burns down. A win betting against the villa won't put them back in the Premier League. 

House insurance can't cover for the loss of sentimental items.

Winning a bet on Villa going down would however pay for a season ticket next year.

Edited by Mantis

There's few things worrying me at moment . 1 every soccer pundit has predicted arsenal to win and win comfortably 2. Wigan are on a huge high and even arsene we get has admitted that he'd have preferred arsenal not had a break because they can get very complacent after a break like that. 3. Wigan are going into this game been wrote off all over the board and this is where they really pull out big results . I truly think that 24 hours from now we will all be on the verge of a nervous break down and going into Sunday with our hearts in our mouths this nightmare just won't end for us. God must have aston villa