Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

He wont pick a reserve team for a CUP FINAL not a chance. Its the biggest game in Wigan's history. No way will they waste that opportunity the fans wouldn't stand for it. They have a chance against city. City are not unbeatable, Southampton beat them.

Papillon if you're saying that playing against Swansea under normal circumstances is 100% the same as playing against Swansea with an FA Cup Final 4 days later, then I'll respectfully and strongly disagree.

Papillon if you're saying that playing against Swansea under normal circumstances is 100% the same as playing against Swansea with an FA Cup Final 4 days later, then I'll respectfully and strongly disagree.

Gary Neville said it will be emotionally and physically draining and then they have to play arsenal 3 days after the cup final.

Wigan are one of those teams who are due a relegation, if it doesnt happen this year then it will be on the cards for the following one. As for winning a FA cup, that's once in a life time experience for clubs such as Wigan. 

It's seems to be once in a lifetime for us too to be fair. I'm sure the vast majority of users on here weren't even alive in 1957.

I recon most Wigan fans would perfer a cup win with relegation than a cup loss and staying up for a another season in the Prem if such a choice was offered.

Why do we support out teams? Ultimately to see them win trophies, not just scraping above 38 points every season. 

From that comes this:-

think its more to do with the acoustics of Villa Park to be honest. The sound seemed to travel well between stands and to be stuck in a corner surrounded by it was deafening.

Followed by people who agreed.

What utter nonsense, it is impossible. The sound escapes at VP because the corners aren't filled in.

They should face the fact it was because it was bloody loud

Did you see the conspiracy theory that it was so loud maybe we were pumping it through the PA system. There's a compliment right there!!

• Like 1

Did you see the conspiracy theory that it was so loud maybe we were pumping it through the PA system. There's a compliment right there!!

I tried to read it but the most commonly used 'words' were "tbf" and "like" so none of it really made sense. Morons.

I tried to read it but the most commonly used 'words' were "tbf" and "like" so none of it really made sense. Morons.

Yep. Virtually every sentence ended with "like", like.

• Like 1

Norwich by all accounts were poor V Stoke they just don't create enough but until recently have been solid at the back.With the confidence from last night I think we will be too much for them which is bad news for them as they then have 2 away games left.

No no, not saying that entirely.

Just the same as playing the FA Cup final now is not the same because of the relegation struggle they are in :)

All in all, we don't really know what they will do. Will Martinez rest player for Swansea for example? I doubt that. Looking at their program I guess they will field a strong side for the next three games and then struggle no matter what against Arsenal.

We know this benefits us though, since they have three matches in a week. If they get 1 point vs. West Ham and Swansea (which is also likely) we are virtually safe since Arsenal will do their utmost to beat them. The magical thing is that if we beat Norwich we are reaching 90% certainty of staying up (which is a way of saying things, don't want any Excel-dorks doing the real simulation!)  B)

We know this benefits us though, since they have three matches in a week. If they get 1 point vs. West Ham and Swansea (which is also likely) we are virtually safe since Arsenal will do their utmost to beat them. The magical thing is that if we beat Norwich we are reaching 90% certainty of staying up (which is a way of saying things, don't want any Excel-dorks doing the real simulation!)  B)

They are playing West Brom by the way.

It's not too far fetched to think that we might be (mathematically) safe by next Tuesday night.

What a bunch of clowns them Sunderland fans are, like.

'We spent most our time having a go at Di Canio' - Yes, cos' he's a prick who tried to mock us before and turned to the Trinity like he was the second coming when Rose scored.

Least you can understand what we chant/sing. There were a group of about 5-10 Sunderland chavs queing up to get in beforehand and me nor my Dad could understand/make out, what the hell they were trying to say.

Jelousy comes in many forms though, like.

They are playing West Brom by the way.

It's not too far fetched to think that we might be (mathematically) safe by next Tuesday night.

What results would give us that?

As posters have mentioned The fans were absolutely absolutely immense last night. None more so than when the whole stadium (Sunderland apart) sung their hearts out singing " Villa, Villa, Villa, Villa!" as we kicked off from their equaliser.

We're takin' the piss, we're taken' the piss. we're ASTON VILLA, we're takin' the piss!

That was the highlight of the night for me.

The role of the fans in our relegation struggle is not to be underestimated. FACT!